How much is my bike worth?

What bike and bike bits should you buy?
Tdaytona

How much is my bike worth?

Postby Tdaytona » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:32 pm

Hi,

My mate bought a carbon bike over winter and it has got me looking at carbon bikes. The problem is, I only built my current bike at the start of 2012 and due to various reasons it has only done about 800 miles. I took the wheels and groupset off a previous build, these have done an extra 4-500 miles. The spec is:

Kinesis Gran Fondo Ti frame, fork and seatpost (57cm)
Shimano 5700 Groupset (Triple) 11-28 cassette
Fulcrum racing 7 wheels with Schwalbe Blizzard tyres
FSA stem (90mm) and Omega compact bars with lizard skin tape
Specialized Toupe Seat (143) brand new

I haven't seen many around for sale. The Roubiax's (one of the bikes I am looking at) seem to go very near new prices, but that may just be that model. What price should I put on the bike, should I decide to go for a change?

Cheers Paul

nathancom

Re: How much is my bike worth?

Postby nathancom » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:49 pm

You have got a good frame - you are better to upgrade the wheels than change up completely. You could always save up for n+1 instead.

hulla the hulla

Postby hulla the hulla » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:54 pm

as said, what you have is OK, use it til it wears out and then upgrade or keep it as your winter bike and buy a new one as well.
A person who aims at nothing is sure to hit it

Canyon Aeroad 7.0 summer missile
Trek 2.1 winter hack

Calpol

Postby Calpol » Mon Jan 14, 2013 13:10 pm

Are you mad?
That frame would be more bike than a lot of us would ever need. the build must have been c£2k and you would be dropping a fair few hundred quid if you sold it now. Why not get some nice wheels for it. This review seems to suggest that the carbon clinchers really made the ride sweet. http://roadcyclinguk.com/news/kinesis-uk-granfondo-ti-review.html. That's where I would look first unless you are made of money. In which case I will offer you £500!! seriously that looks a lovely bike and one that needs to be ridden. Doesn't Ti > Plastic?

Return to “Road Buying Advice”