leading by example

The place for more serious off topic questions, light hearted banter and friendly chat.
User avatar
ILM Zero7
Posts: 2284
Joined: Fri Mar 19, 2010 06:59 am

leading by example

Postby ILM Zero7 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 06:54 am

how cool is this. Dubai had a new 50-odd km dedicated cycle road/track... and HRH decides to go for a ride on it ..
Image
http://veloviewer.com/SigImage.php?a=3370a&r=3&c=5&u=M&g=p&f=abcdefghij&z=a.png
[b]Wiliers: Cento Uno/Superleggera R and Zero 7. Bianchi Infinito CV and Oltre XR2

LiamW
Posts: 276
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2012 14:04 pm

Re: leading by example

Postby LiamW » Wed Jan 16, 2013 09:16 am

I take it you wouldn't be allowed to ride with shorts on though?
2014 Giant Defy 2

User avatar
team47b
Posts: 5299
Joined: Mon Aug 22, 2011 18:39 pm

Re: leading by example

Postby team47b » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:32 am

That's really good, 50k of smooth new tarmac that's never likely to get potholes :D

Does it go anywhere, is it circular, is it flat, does it go straight out to that nice beach (pictured) and end suddenly?
my isetta is a 300cc bike

User avatar
jordan_217
Posts: 2491
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2009 23:31 pm

Re: leading by example

Postby jordan_217 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:48 am

Dunno, but his bodyguards should shoot him for half-wheeling.
“Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired.”

User avatar
thegreatdivide
Posts: 4252
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:12 am

Re: leading by example

Postby thegreatdivide » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:13 am

LiamW wrote:I take it you wouldn't be allowed to ride with shorts on though?


Why wouldn't you?
"Crevaison sur les paves..."

keef66
Posts: 8737
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 09:46 am

Re: leading by example

Postby keef66 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:27 am

I like the idea of 50k of smooth, traffic-free tarmac, but the scenery looks like an early Star Wars set.

And I think the mudguards could probably go.

LiamW
Posts: 276
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2012 14:04 pm

Re: leading by example

Postby LiamW » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:51 pm

thegreatdivide wrote:
LiamW wrote:I take it you wouldn't be allowed to ride with shorts on though?


Why wouldn't you?



No idea to be honest. :D

I just thought in Islamic law you were not allowed to wear shorts. :mrgreen:
2014 Giant Defy 2

User avatar
thegreatdivide
Posts: 4252
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:12 am

Re: leading by example

Postby thegreatdivide » Wed Jan 16, 2013 14:43 pm

LiamW wrote:
thegreatdivide wrote:
LiamW wrote:I take it you wouldn't be allowed to ride with shorts on though?


Why wouldn't you?



No idea to be honest. :D

I just thought in Islamic law you were not allowed to wear shorts. :mrgreen:


Hehe - the Tour of Dubai is going to be a nightmare next year then ;-)
"Crevaison sur les paves..."

User avatar
Capt Slog
Posts: 1958
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:31 am

Re: leading by example

Postby Capt Slog » Wed Jan 16, 2013 15:00 pm

It will be a great ride until you see one of the HRH's coming towards you at 100+ in a Ferrari.

Yes, I know it's supposed to be a cycle lane, but traffic rules don't seem to apply to them.
"Dinosaur" "... horrible human being", BR Mod.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

LiamW
Posts: 276
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2012 14:04 pm

Re: leading by example

Postby LiamW » Wed Jan 16, 2013 15:34 pm

thegreatdivide wrote:
LiamW wrote:
thegreatdivide wrote:
LiamW wrote:I take it you wouldn't be allowed to ride with shorts on though?


Why wouldn't you?



No idea to be honest. :D

I just thought in Islamic law you were not allowed to wear shorts. :mrgreen:


Hehe - the Tour of Dubai is going to be a nightmare next year then ;-)



That would be weird indeed. :D
2014 Giant Defy 2


Return to “The Cake Stop”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: andymphillips, pauldavid, roger merriman and 2 guests