Bikebox Limited

Got a general MTB question that doesn't fit anywhere else? Here's the place.
xray72
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 16:46 pm

Bikebox Limited

Postby xray72 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 17:00 pm

I'm about to buy a santa cruz Tallboy LT via website Bikeboxltd.webs.com. Anybody who has bought a bike from these guys??

User avatar
cooldad
Posts: 28180
Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 22:01 pm

Re: Bikebox Limited

Postby cooldad » Fri Jan 18, 2013 17:24 pm

From here?
http://bikeboxltd.webs.com/

I would be very wary. All the prices are listed in US$. For a UK co? Seriously? Scam all the way, you'll probably pay someone in Indonesia via Western Union or something.

From that website:

BIKE BOX LIMITED is one of the Best Selling Bike Distributor.We are Legitimate
registered Company. We ship via UPS, and your ordered items will get to your door step within 48 hrs(Two Working Day).We sell all kinds Cannondale, Cervelo, Ellsworth, Giant, Jamis, Klein, Kona, Litespeed, Rocky Mountain, SantaCruz, Specialized, Trek, Gary Fisher bikes.


Terrible English - bad sign.

Testimonials from 'customers', All illiterate?

Testimonials

Quotes You delivery was very fast...you are great..i promise to get you many buyers Quotes
Rule Asselin
Trek 2009 Madone 6.5 Bike

Quotes Hello.. Can i get another model of the bicycles i order becox a friend of mine want to order again from you... Quotes
Carlton C. Deputy
Can i get another model of the bicycles i order

Quotes Woow...your prices was very good and i couldn't belive it until i get my bike i order from you ..Thanks Quotes
Milan Tureček
Orange 2009 Five SE Bike

Quotes Hi ..thx for your delivery ..i will order some next month Quotes
Tammy R. Boulanger
Re:2012 Kona Honzo" Hardtail Bike


From the website:

Name & Registered Office:
BIKE BOX ALAN LTD

ADDRESS:42 WHISTON VALE, WHISTON, ROTHERHAM,

STATE:SOUTH YORKSHIRE,

ZIP CODE:S60 4JJ,

COUNTRY:UNITED KINGDOM


Company No. 07552286

Email us at: bikeboxltd@gmail.com.
:bikeboxltd@hotmail.co.uk


Gmail and Hotmail addresses - bad sign for a business.

But the biggest problem is the Co number, registered address etc belong to

http://bikeboxalan.co.uk/

Which actually does look like a legitimate co.
I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools

EH_Rob
Posts: 1109
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2011 15:20 pm

Re: Bikebox Limited

Postby EH_Rob » Fri Jan 18, 2013 17:28 pm

I would avoid.

Even though they are apparently great.

User avatar
cooldad
Posts: 28180
Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 22:01 pm

Re: Bikebox Limited

Postby cooldad » Fri Jan 18, 2013 17:33 pm

Good summary.
I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools

User avatar
Angry Bird
Posts: 3481
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2010 09:31 am

Re: Bikebox Limited

Postby Angry Bird » Fri Jan 18, 2013 17:34 pm

Stinks of scam...

Burnside81
Posts: 28
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2012 15:43 pm

Re: Bikebox Limited

Postby Burnside81 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 18:09 pm

No phone number. It's almost certainly dodgy and reads like a Nigerian scam email.

User avatar
Angry Bird
Posts: 3481
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2010 09:31 am

Re: Bikebox Limited

Postby Angry Bird » Fri Jan 18, 2013 18:46 pm

There's a phone number but it's a mobile... photos of their "showroom" show no sign of any of the bikes they claim to have either.

Also supposedly they're based in Surrey on one page, but then say the registered office is in Sheffield.

Anyway their address seems to be claiming they're linked to bikeboxalan.co.uk which is most likely going to be a load of BS as I believe the bike box alan people are meant to be a reputable company who make decent and pricey bike boxes and like to chuck them out of the back of cars to show how great they are.


User avatar
cooldad
Posts: 28180
Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 22:01 pm

Re: Bikebox Limited

Postby cooldad » Fri Jan 18, 2013 19:00 pm

There's a guy who sets up 'companies' with the same name as ours and owns a website with a similar name . Cons people then moves. Been liquidated a few times and I think he was on Watchdog - we regularly get calls from people who have been conned and think we have their money.
Hard to do anything about it.
I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools

Stu Coops
Posts: 411
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 14:01 pm

Re: Bikebox Limited

Postby Stu Coops » Fri Jan 18, 2013 19:22 pm

Amazed me the OP needed to ask.. :shock: :shock:
Zesty 514 Scott Scale 20 GT Expert HalfwayupMTB

User avatar
cooldad
Posts: 28180
Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 22:01 pm

Re: Bikebox Limited

Postby cooldad » Fri Jan 18, 2013 19:38 pm

Intellectual giants - they've even spammed complaintsboard.com.
http://www.complaintsboard.com/complain ... 86964.html
I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools

xray72
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 16:46 pm

Re: Bikebox Limited

Postby xray72 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 19:45 pm

sounds all pretty suspicious indeed!!!
thanks for you opinion!!



cooldad wrote:From here?
http://bikeboxltd.webs.com/

I would be very wary. All the prices are listed in US$. For a UK co? Seriously? Scam all the way, you'll probably pay someone in Indonesia via Western Union or something.

From that website:

BIKE BOX LIMITED is one of the Best Selling Bike Distributor.We are Legitimate
registered Company. We ship via UPS, and your ordered items will get to your door step within 48 hrs(Two Working Day).We sell all kinds Cannondale, Cervelo, Ellsworth, Giant, Jamis, Klein, Kona, Litespeed, Rocky Mountain, SantaCruz, Specialized, Trek, Gary Fisher bikes.


Terrible English - bad sign.

Testimonials from 'customers', All illiterate?

Testimonials

Quotes You delivery was very fast...you are great..i promise to get you many buyers Quotes
Rule Asselin
Trek 2009 Madone 6.5 Bike

Quotes Hello.. Can i get another model of the bicycles i order becox a friend of mine want to order again from you... Quotes
Carlton C. Deputy
Can i get another model of the bicycles i order

Quotes Woow...your prices was very good and i couldn't belive it until i get my bike i order from you ..Thanks Quotes
Milan Tureček
Orange 2009 Five SE Bike

Quotes Hi ..thx for your delivery ..i will order some next month Quotes
Tammy R. Boulanger
Re:2012 Kona Honzo" Hardtail Bike


From the website:

Name & Registered Office:
BIKE BOX ALAN LTD

ADDRESS:42 WHISTON VALE, WHISTON, ROTHERHAM,

STATE:SOUTH YORKSHIRE,

ZIP CODE:S60 4JJ,

COUNTRY:UNITED KINGDOM


Company No. 07552286

Email us at: bikeboxltd@gmail.com.
:bikeboxltd@hotmail.co.uk


Gmail and Hotmail addresses - bad sign for a business.

But the biggest problem is the Co number, registered address etc belong to

http://bikeboxalan.co.uk/

Which actually does look like a legitimate co.

Julesreece17
Posts: 57
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:32 pm

Re: Bikebox Limited

Postby Julesreece17 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 19:50 pm

ha ha, for what its worth, 42 whiston way, is a private home address, (quite nice too, searched via google maps) certainly doesnt look like a bike shop.

though of course it could just be a home office type thing. But i'd avoid if in doubt, its not like your struggling for places to buy the bike from.

User avatar
cooldad
Posts: 28180
Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 22:01 pm

Re: Bikebox Limited

Postby cooldad » Fri Jan 18, 2013 19:52 pm

Any way sent a quick email off to the real company.
Lots of companies have registered addresses like that - generally the accountants or compny secretary.
I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools

xray72
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 16:46 pm

Re: Bikebox Limited

Postby xray72 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 20:09 pm

Yeah is too good to be true...thanks

Angry Bird wrote:There's a phone number but it's a mobile... photos of their "showroom" show no sign of any of the bikes they claim to have either.

Also supposedly they're based in Surrey on one page, but then say the registered office is in Sheffield.

Anyway their address seems to be claiming they're linked to bikeboxalan.co.uk which is most likely going to be a load of BS as I believe the bike box alan people are meant to be a reputable company who make decent and pricey bike boxes and like to chuck them out of the back of cars to show how great they are.

xray72
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 16:46 pm

Re: Bikebox Limited

Postby xray72 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 20:11 pm

will do....

cooldad wrote:Any way sent a quick email off to the real company.
Lots of companies have registered addresses like that - generally the accountants or compny secretary.

User avatar
cooldad
Posts: 28180
Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 22:01 pm

Re: Bikebox Limited

Postby cooldad » Fri Jan 18, 2013 20:20 pm

I've already done it.
Bit bored tonight, so I've also banged off an email asking if I can come and try some out for size.
I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools

User avatar
ibbo68
Posts: 2384
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 15:44 pm

Re: Bikebox Limited

Postby ibbo68 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 20:30 pm

42 Whiston Vale is indeed a valid address in a nice-ish area of Rotherham.But nowt to do with the scammer I'd wager.
I might drive there tomorrow and knock on the door it's only 10 mins from me 8)

Arthur Scrimshaw
Posts: 2171
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:14 am

Re: Bikebox Limited

Postby Arthur Scrimshaw » Fri Jan 18, 2013 20:34 pm

cooldad wrote:I've already done it.
Bit bored tonight, so I've also banged off an email asking if I can come and try some out for size.


maybe you'll get a reply from xray72 :wink:

xray72
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 16:46 pm

Re: Bikebox Limited

Postby xray72 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 21:19 pm

nice one....amazing, still can't believe these fu...heads!
any suggestions where i can make a good deal on santacruz bikes? i'm living in france so need to do it online....

cooldad wrote:I've already done it.
Bit bored tonight, so I've also banged off an email asking if I can come and try some out for size.


Return to “MTB General”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 20 guests