Cycling in Mallorca/Majorca

Discuss Off road routes, route conditions and the facilities here.
rarebreed

Cycling in Mallorca/Majorca

Postby rarebreed » Fri Jan 18, 2013 18:47 pm

Hi, I am thinking of cycling in Mallorca in late March for about 5- 7 days. I enjoy cycling but not a very fit, so tend to go for easy rides. Last year I cycled one week in Holland during tulip season. So I am looking for a similar ride in Mallorca. I learned that central, south or east part of the country provide easy rides.
Any advice on possible scenic routes please?
I am thinking of renting a bike close to airport and cycle from hotel to hotel. Just carry couple of change of cloths with me in a rucksack on my back. That is what I did in Holland.
Your views please? Am I just bit crazy?

Bike the Sierras

Re: Cycling in Mallorca/Majorca

Postby Bike the Sierras » Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:13 pm

Ever thought of Andalucia in Spain. March is an ideal time for cycling in Andalucia, you could do a tour of the white villages in our area.

http://www.hikeandbikeholidays.co.uk

Wayne

lg18

Postby lg18 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 18:35 pm

All of that area of Mallorca is very scenic and easy cycling (unlike the N which is brutally tough!) - just explore the little roads and villages and coast to your heart's content. The motorists are v used to cyclists, too, as it's v v popular there.

NorbertAmthor

Postby NorbertAmthor » Tue Aug 20, 2013 15:38 pm

Hi Rarebreed,
Majorca is a beautiful place, i like the scenic beauty of the place. You can prefer the roads of the village. It will be very adventurous trip.
Thanks.

Return to “Routes”