this is a sad day

Come and join in the banter: discuss here anything you want, whether bike related or not!
itboffin

this is a sad day

Postby itboffin » Fri Jan 18, 2013 22:59 pm

My fellow fettlers I have been defeated good and proper by of all things a planetx team ALU frame and forks, even with the right headset bung and spacers I could not remove the play.

I'll be going for the long walk of shame now.

:oops:
Rule #5 // Harden The fark Up.
Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.

vitesse169

Re: this is a sad day

Postby vitesse169 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 23:39 pm

... I had one of these problems some years ago.... t'was the steerer tube, the bonding 'glue' that bonded the steerer tube to the fork crown stopped bonding and when I went left/right, the bike went straight on.... mainly into the ditch or onto the oncoming trafic lane.
Needless to say I eventually fathomed it and put it to rights.....!

itboffin

Postby itboffin » Wed Jan 30, 2013 17:49 pm

Ha vindication seems planet-x shipped the headset with bearings that didn't fit their own frame / forks which were bought at the same time.
Rule #5 // Harden The fark Up.
Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.

Veronese68
Lives Here

Postby Veronese68 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 19:58 pm

That's really annoying when you've spent an age trying to work it out. I spent ages trying to fit a chain to Sketchley's bike. Eventually worked out they'd packaged an 8 speed chain with a 9 speed quick link. No wonder it wouldn't work.

Return to “Commuting Chat”