UCI Suspicious Riders List

Talk about competitive road cycling in all its forms
Trev The Rev
Posts: 1005
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2012 09:10 am

UCI Suspicious Riders List

Postby Trev The Rev » Wed Jan 23, 2013 14:38 pm

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/ucis-su ... -de-france

Examples of increased suspicion include:

sudden drop in hemoglobin one month before the summer of 2010 which could point to an important loss of blood possibly destined to be re-injected during the Tour
suspicion of EPO use during the 2009 Giro
hematocrit, hemoglobin or stimulation index superior to 2010 values, which could have led to a start ban before the UCI rules were changed
low parameters off-race

How many who were on the list are now banned, caught or confessed?

Notable, on zero Michael Barry, David Zabriski. Basso on 3. Armstrong was rated a 4 with Christian Vande Velde. George Hincapie on 1. On 5 were Karsten Kroon, Vinokourov, Alberto Contador. On 7 Michael Rogers.

Bradley Wiggins who has never failed a drugs test was on 5 alongside some well know cheats.

A rather sad high percentage are now known cheats after less than 3 years. I have only named a few, please add any that you know of.
Last edited by Trev The Rev on Wed Jan 23, 2013 14:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
ddraver
Posts: 17369
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2005 15:57 pm

Re: UCI Suspicious Riders List

Postby ddraver » Wed Jan 23, 2013 14:42 pm

Image
We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
- @ddraver
- Blog-http://davekio.wordpress.com/

User avatar
bompington
Posts: 4680
Joined: Thu May 22, 2008 11:18 am

Re: UCI Suspicious Riders List

Postby bompington » Wed Jan 23, 2013 14:53 pm

Not only that, but many of these riders USE CLIPLESS PEDALS!

Trev The Rev
Posts: 1005
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2012 09:10 am

Re: UCI Suspicious Riders List

Postby Trev The Rev » Wed Jan 23, 2013 14:54 pm

bompington wrote:Not only that, but many of these riders USE CLIPLESS PEDALS!


Which are not banned because they do not enhance performance.

User avatar
bompington
Posts: 4680
Joined: Thu May 22, 2008 11:18 am

Re: UCI Suspicious Riders List

Postby bompington » Wed Jan 23, 2013 14:55 pm

Trev The Rev wrote:
bompington wrote:Not only that, but many of these riders USE CLIPLESS PEDALS!


Which are not banned because they do not enhance performance.

Exactly! It shows they must have SOMETHING TO HIDE!

User avatar
ddraver
Posts: 17369
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2005 15:57 pm

Re: UCI Suspicious Riders List

Postby ddraver » Wed Jan 23, 2013 14:56 pm

Oh God no Please God No!!!!!!!
We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
- @ddraver
- Blog-http://davekio.wordpress.com/

User avatar
bompington
Posts: 4680
Joined: Thu May 22, 2008 11:18 am

Re: UCI Suspicious Riders List

Postby bompington » Wed Jan 23, 2013 14:59 pm

ddraver wrote:Oh God no Please God No!!!!!!!

I'm afraid so... and what is more, all the evidence suggests that Bradley has been training using a power meter!

User avatar
ddraver
Posts: 17369
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2005 15:57 pm

Re: UCI Suspicious Riders List

Postby ddraver » Wed Jan 23, 2013 15:01 pm

You Freak Bompington! You insane Masochist Freak!!!!!

How can you possibly start him off on this? HOW??!!!
We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
- @ddraver
- Blog-http://davekio.wordpress.com/

Trev The Rev
Posts: 1005
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2012 09:10 am

Re: UCI Suspicious Riders List

Postby Trev The Rev » Wed Jan 23, 2013 15:01 pm

ddraver wrote:Oh God no Please God No!!!!!!!


To quote Rick Stern, "There's a fair amount of evidence to show that pedalling in 'circles' doesn't do anything, or is counter productive. So, unless you happen to need to get off the start line maximally (think kilo TT here), or are racing in very low traction situations (think going uphill, in the wet off-road) there's little need to do pushing and pulling."

and Alex Simmons, "Ability to generate sustainable aerobic power is barely, if at all compromised by using flat bed pedals, and at least anecdotally, my experience is that people are capable of achieving the same MAP test result with flat bed pedals as with their regular clip pedals. "Pulling up" or "more circular" pedalling has very little to do with cycling efficiency, indeed most studies on pedal forces demonstrate a reduction in efficiency from such attempts at pedal force application."

The performance benefits of clipless pedals are overstated. Particularly if you are a timetriallist racing on a dangerous dual carriageway, assisted by heavy traffic, wearing a silly helmet with or without a flashing rear light, have an aerodynamic front brake, as tested by Dr Andrew Coggan PhD in his wind tunnel, using a power meter to pace your effort. :D
Last edited by Trev The Rev on Wed Jan 23, 2013 15:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
ddraver
Posts: 17369
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2005 15:57 pm

Re: UCI Suspicious Riders List

Postby ddraver » Wed Jan 23, 2013 15:04 pm

Bompington you re the type of person that left Jimmy Saville in a room full of children are nt you!!!

(Ok that's too far, Trev is far worse than Saville....)
We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
- @ddraver
- Blog-http://davekio.wordpress.com/

Richmond Racer
Posts: 8475
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2012 17:11 pm

Re: UCI Suspicious Riders List

Postby Richmond Racer » Wed Jan 23, 2013 15:05 pm

ddraver wrote:Bompington you re the type of person that left Jimmy Saville in a room full of children are nt you!!!

(Ok that's too far, Trev is far worse than Saville....)



Now then, now then...

User avatar
EKIMIKE
Posts: 2209
Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2009 16:19 pm

Re: UCI Suspicious Riders List

Postby EKIMIKE » Wed Jan 23, 2013 15:20 pm

So wait you're saying, Wiggins, hides drugs, in his pedals, and his power meter. Mind. Blown. :shock:

Richmond Racer
Posts: 8475
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2012 17:11 pm

Re: UCI Suspicious Riders List

Postby Richmond Racer » Wed Jan 23, 2013 15:26 pm

EKIMIKE wrote:So wait you're saying, Wiggins, hides drugs, in his pedals, and his power meter. Mind. Blown. :shock:



The first pedal-o scandal since Freddii 'Fredelo' Flintoff

User avatar
EKIMIKE
Posts: 2209
Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2009 16:19 pm

Re: UCI Suspicious Riders List

Postby EKIMIKE » Wed Jan 23, 2013 15:46 pm

Careful! If we make too much noise the UCI will start x-raying pedals and power meters, or worse ban power meters meaning some riders will no longer be able to race - a bit like that radio faff.

Anyway can't we give Trev The Rev his own thread where he can dig up old news stories and allegations and pontificate incessantly to his hearts' content. He can argue with forum bots (i've heard Google [Bot] is a provocative bastard) or maybe just himself. :|

Richmond Racer
Posts: 8475
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2012 17:11 pm

Re: UCI Suspicious Riders List

Postby Richmond Racer » Wed Jan 23, 2013 15:49 pm

Quality proposal. I second it.

User avatar
ddraver
Posts: 17369
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2005 15:57 pm

Re: UCI Suspicious Riders List

Postby ddraver » Wed Jan 23, 2013 15:53 pm

Thirded

Rick - make it happen!
We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
- @ddraver
- Blog-http://davekio.wordpress.com/

User avatar
mfin
Posts: 5080
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2007 21:46 pm

Re: UCI Suspicious Riders List

Postby mfin » Wed Jan 23, 2013 15:55 pm

Trev The Rev wrote:
ddraver wrote:Oh God no Please God No!!!!!!!


To quote Rick Stern, "There's a fair amount of evidence to show that pedalling in 'circles' doesn't do anything, or is counter productive. So, unless you happen to need to get off the start line maximally (think kilo TT here), or are racing in very low traction situations (think going uphill, in the wet off-road) there's little need to do pushing and pulling."

and Alex Simmons, "Ability to generate sustainable aerobic power is barely, if at all compromised by using flat bed pedals, and at least anecdotally, my experience is that people are capable of achieving the same MAP test result with flat bed pedals as with their regular clip pedals. "Pulling up" or "more circular" pedalling has very little to do with cycling efficiency, indeed most studies on pedal forces demonstrate a reduction in efficiency from such attempts at pedal force application."

The performance benefits of clipless pedals are overstated. Particularly if you are a timetriallist racing on a dangerous dual carriageway, assisted by heavy traffic, wearing a silly helmet with or without a flashing rear light, have an aerodynamic front brake, as tested by Dr Andrew Coggan PhD in his wind tunnel, using a power meter to pace your effort. :D


Ahhhh, so that's why loads of pro's just use flat pedals!!! I was wondering why they did, obviously their teams (looking for every scientifically proven advantage) have proved its a 'take it or leave it makes bugger all difference thing' so some of them just cycle in their trainers.
.

User avatar
ALIHISGREAT
Posts: 3918
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 15:43 pm

Re: UCI Suspicious Riders List

Postby ALIHISGREAT » Wed Jan 23, 2013 15:58 pm

I thought you never came out from under your bridge in the Training section Trev?

User avatar
bompington
Posts: 4680
Joined: Thu May 22, 2008 11:18 am

Re: UCI Suspicious Riders List

Postby bompington » Wed Jan 23, 2013 16:28 pm

ddraver wrote:You Freak Bompington! You insane Masochist Freak!!!!!

How can you possibly start him off on this? HOW??!!!

Well, it's what Dr. Andrew Coggan would recommend...

User avatar
ddraver
Posts: 17369
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2005 15:57 pm

Re: UCI Suspicious Riders List

Postby ddraver » Wed Jan 23, 2013 16:29 pm

YOu mean the guy that did nt write the paper he keeps quoting?

One suspects Dr Andrew Coggan would recommend an Insane Asylum....
We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
- @ddraver
- Blog-http://davekio.wordpress.com/


Return to “Pro Race”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: sven_jto and 0 guests