Tenerife - summer hols?

The place for more serious off topic questions, light hearted banter and friendly chat.
dbg

Tenerife - summer hols?

Postby dbg » Thu Jan 24, 2013 00:37 am

I know a lot of cyclists go there for Spring training camps but is it recommended as a summer (Aug) holiday destination? I have 2 weeks to fill with my 13 and 16 yr old girls (separated from missus) and thought it might be worth a punt. Is there enough to keep them occupied and would it be too hot! What are the best areas to head for?, probably looking for an all inclusive deal - needs to be reasonably lively with a few shops etc. (they are girls!) :D Cheers

Gazzaputt

Re: Tenerife - summer hols?

Postby Gazzaputt » Thu Jan 24, 2013 08:39 am

Tons there to keep teenage girls happy. Waterparks, bars, arcades you name it. The bike riding is brillant.

Try and avoid Las Americas though bit like Southend in the sun. I stayed in something called Costa Adeje just along the coast from Americas. Was bit better

August can be in the 30s and over.

dbg

Postby dbg » Thu Jan 24, 2013 14:04 pm

Cheers gazzaputt I'll check it out

the playing mantis

Postby the playing mantis » Thu Jan 24, 2013 15:00 pm

certainly dont go to las americas, and whatever you do avoid the monkey beach. i have marked that territory...!

Mouth

Postby Mouth » Sat Jan 26, 2013 00:44 am

Yeh playa de las americas could be a bit much. food is dirt cheap though. 3 course meal was setting back about 8 euros per head and would say its probably a bit better than pub quality here.

couple of massive water parks and loads of beach too. be careful if you decide to hire a jet ski. i wrote one off and the owner tried to bill me for it. thankfully i paid the rental in cash so no paper trail.
The only disability in life is a poor attitude.

Return to “The Cake Stop”