Is this a good deal

What bike and bike bits should you buy?
boogi11
Posts: 275
Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2008 18:02 pm

Is this a good deal

Postby boogi11 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 19:34 pm

Just pondering my next bike, I want di2 and carbon , limit is about 2500'. What do you think of

http://www.dolan-bikes.com/road-bikes/C ... uct_id=380

Or

http://www.rosebikes.co.uk/article/rose ... aid:625095

I know the frame design on the rose is hideous but the spec looks good, and it has internal battery

Discuss......

User avatar
ShutUpLegs
Posts: 3519
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2010 19:07 pm

Re: Is this a good deal

Postby ShutUpLegs » Thu Feb 07, 2013 19:38 pm

That Rose is fugly
I Like Black Bikes

boogi11
Posts: 275
Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2008 18:02 pm

Re: Is this a good deal

Postby boogi11 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 19:39 pm

ShutUpLegs wrote:That Rose is fugly



Yup. They do it on two shades of black which looks better, I'm oping the 2014 colours are better

meesterbond
Posts: 971
Joined: Thu Jun 29, 2006 08:57 am

Re: Is this a good deal

Postby meesterbond » Thu Feb 07, 2013 19:45 pm

Sorry, but the Rose looks ugly in any colour... and that's coming from someone who likes the Cervelo S5

On that basis, I'd go with the Dolan. Or steal another £300 and get the Canyon

boogi11
Posts: 275
Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2008 18:02 pm

Re: Is this a good deal

Postby boogi11 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 19:47 pm

meesterbond wrote:Sorry, but the Rose looks ugly in any colour... and that's coming from someone who likes the Cervelo S5

On that basis, I'd go with the Dolan. Or steal another £300 and get the Canyon


Can you please link to the bikes you suggest as there seems to be a lot of options, as the roses are hand made, I'm hoping they will build me a frame in natural colour with no tacky decals on

Arthur Scrimshaw
Posts: 2171
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:14 am

Re: Is this a good deal

Postby Arthur Scrimshaw » Thu Feb 07, 2013 19:51 pm

boogi11 wrote:
meesterbond wrote:Sorry, but the Rose looks ugly in any colour... and that's coming from someone who likes the Cervelo S5

On that basis, I'd go with the Dolan. Or steal another £300 and get the Canyon


Can you please link to the bikes you suggest as there seems to be a lot of options, as the roses are hand made, I'm hoping they will build me a frame in natural colour with no tacky decals on


All carbon frames are hand made.

boogi11
Posts: 275
Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2008 18:02 pm

Re: Is this a good deal

Postby boogi11 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 19:55 pm

Arthur Scrimshaw wrote:
boogi11 wrote:
meesterbond wrote:Sorry, but the Rose looks ugly in any colour... and that's coming from someone who likes the Cervelo S5

On that basis, I'd go with the Dolan. Or steal another £300 and get the Canyon


Can you please link to the bikes you suggest as there seems to be a lot of options, as the roses are hand made, I'm hoping they will build me a frame in natural colour with no tacky decals on


All carbon frames are hand made.


That's not what I meant, I mean the frames are made specifically rose , and i get the impression from discussions that they may be able to omit the decals if I could wait for it to be made as a special

meesterbond
Posts: 971
Joined: Thu Jun 29, 2006 08:57 am

Re: Is this a good deal

Postby meesterbond » Fri Feb 08, 2013 09:28 am

boogi11 wrote:Can you please link to the bikes you suggest as there seems to be a lot of options, as the roses are hand made, I'm hoping they will build me a frame in natural colour with no tacky decals on



I was referring to either the Aeroad di2 at £2,850 or the Ultimate CF SLX 7.0 at £3k. Both come with the same level of kit as the Rose, except for the wheels... no idea how good or not the Rose wheels are or whether the Elites on the Canyon bikes would be an improvement.

I don't think it's the decals that are the problem with the Rose for me... it's the slab-sided headtube and that mahoosive downtube. Plus the seatstays looked like they've been glued on as an after thought. I'm sure it's lovely to ride, but just not very pretty.

All in my opinion, of course.


Return to “Road Buying Advice”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Gweeds, Marpick, skyeflyguy and 10 guests