Aberdeen

General bike chat that does not fit elsewhere
Focus-rider

Aberdeen

Postby Focus-rider » Fri Feb 22, 2013 19:16 pm

Got my first proper ride of 2013 planned for this Sunday. Over the winter I've just been commuting on the MTb so no road bike rides since last November. Hoping for a nice 50 mile run on a crisp Sunday morning. I'm that excited to be getting back out that I have prepped the bike and my gear already for it. To be honest I don't really care what the weather will be like as nothing will stop me. Been awhile since I've needed to get out this badly. If anyone is in the north Aberdeenshire area and facts a run then just let me know.
Hope you all enjoy getting out this weekend :D

Scotty-Gee

Re: Aberdeen

Postby Scotty-Gee » Fri Feb 22, 2013 19:33 pm

Where about are you going out? I think the forecast is meant to be ok for this weekend.

I'm going out Balmedie to Tarves round trip tomorrow morning. I'm off to Murrayfield on Sunday with some customers or I would have gone out with you.

Enjoy.

Focus-rider

Postby Focus-rider » Fri Feb 22, 2013 19:53 pm

Thinking of going Ellon new deer direction from udny or out past old meldrum way. Pity I can't do Saturday as I have promised to clean the car on Saturday. It's the trade off I'm afraid. Let me know Scott if your free another time though, I'm used to going out on my own but some company could be a good motivator. I'm trying to get myself organised to do the glencoe sportive this year which is looming soon

Scotty-Gee

Postby Scotty-Gee » Fri Feb 22, 2013 20:13 pm

The back road from Ellon to Stuartfield is nice then back via Auchnagatt.

As I say any other weekend I could have gone out to play but not this one. What about meeting up with Ythan cycles and going on there club run Sunday morning?

Focus-rider

Postby Focus-rider » Fri Feb 22, 2013 22:06 pm

yeh was think about getting intouch with them over the next week or so. Been out with them once before and had a good run until a mechanical issue stopped play.

Return to “Road General”