Banesto and Conconi

Talk about competitive road cycling in all its forms
Timoid.

Banesto and Conconi

Postby Timoid. » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:15 pm

squired

Re: Banesto and Conconi

Postby squired » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:29 pm

A close friend was at university with a guy who was involved in the anti-doping process at the Tour de France back when Indurain was dominating. I can remember the guy explaining how most of the urine samples they took were simply thrown away and never tested. He also said that it was well known in those circles that big Mig was on so many drugs that his body would probably fall apart if he took any more.

Richmond Racer

Postby Richmond Racer » Tue Feb 26, 2013 13:10 pm

Anyone who professes shock or surprise, needs their head examining.

The entire period was what it was. Came to terms with that a while ago.

Dave_1

Postby Dave_1 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 13:27 pm

2 Giros and 5 TDF wins in 5 years...Miguel needs to come in and be part of the solution. Potentially he might be living as a millionaire off a huge economic fraud....if he did dope then he should answer for it at an arbitration. I fear pulled off one of the biggest heists in the history of sport too.

RichN95

Postby RichN95 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 13:32 pm

Dave_1 wrote:2 Giros and 5 TDF wins in 5 years...Miguel needs to come in and be part of the solution. Potentially he might be living as a millionaire off a huge economic fraud....if he did dope then he should answer for it at an arbitration. I fear pulled off one of the biggest heists in the history of sport too.

It was twenty years ago. Who gives a toss? At some point you just accept what happened happened. Otherwise what's the next step? Digging up Fignon's corpse and asking it about steroid abuse?
Twitter: @RichN95

Dave_1

Postby Dave_1 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 13:39 pm

RichN95 wrote:
Dave_1 wrote:2 Giros and 5 TDF wins in 5 years...Miguel needs to come in and be part of the solution. Potentially he might be living as a millionaire off a huge economic fraud....if he did dope then he should answer for it at an arbitration. I fear pulled off one of the biggest heists in the history of sport too.

It was twenty years ago. Who gives a toss? At some point you just accept what happened happened. Otherwise what's the next step? Digging up Fignon's corpse and asking it about steroid abuse?

Well Fignon admitted what doping he did. It was 13 years ago, who gives a toss? Nothing is time barred now. Cipo being done now too.. Who gives a toss? CONI does..hope Spain does...millionaire EPO users should not be let off

RichN95

Postby RichN95 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 13:47 pm

Dave_1 wrote:
RichN95 wrote:

Well Fignon admitted what doping he did. It was 13 years ago, who gives a toss? Nothing is time barred now. Cipo being done now too.. Who gives a toss? CONI does..hope Spain does...millionaire EPO users should not be let off

Well how far back do you want to go? Merckx, Anquetil, Coppi, Pelissier? Shall we start suing Garin's great-grandkids?
And why should Fignon be let off just because he admitted it? I assume his family lives in a nice house paid for by his earnings. Why shouldn't they be thrown out on the streets?
Last edited by RichN95 on Tue Feb 26, 2013 13:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Twitter: @RichN95

Graeme_S

Postby Graeme_S » Tue Feb 26, 2013 13:52 pm

RichN95 wrote:Well how far back do you want to go? Merckx, Anquetil, Coppi, Pelissier? Shall we start suing Garin's great-grandkids?

In an attempt to make the whole T&R thing even more unworkable, Armstrong suggested it should involve anybody still living who had ever been on a podium in a GT or at the World Champs. Can you imagine how many people that must be!?

fidgetyphil

Postby fidgetyphil » Tue Feb 26, 2013 14:00 pm

I did a conconi test once. Should I hand myself in?

TailWindHome

Postby TailWindHome » Tue Feb 26, 2013 14:02 pm

We were nearly taking about racing there for a while :(
"ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED? IS THIS NOT WHY YOU ARE HERE?"

Richmond Racer

Postby Richmond Racer » Tue Feb 26, 2013 14:04 pm

fidgetyphil wrote:I did a conconi test once. Should I hand myself in?

Yes. Alternatively you can pay us all hush money :)

fidgetyphil

Postby fidgetyphil » Tue Feb 26, 2013 14:06 pm

Richmond Racer wrote:

You can have 10% of my life times winnings.

Richmond Racer

Postby Richmond Racer » Tue Feb 26, 2013 14:07 pm

fidgetyphil wrote:
Richmond Racer wrote:

You can have 10% of my life times winnings.

Great. Will that amount to a small pile of beans...or less?

fidgetyphil

Postby fidgetyphil » Tue Feb 26, 2013 14:11 pm

You might struggle to buy a pie and chips with it, I'm afraid.

mr_poll

Postby mr_poll » Tue Feb 26, 2013 14:13 pm

RichN95 wrote:
Dave_1 wrote:
RichN95 wrote:

Well how far back do you want to go? Merckx, Anquetil, Coppi, Pelissier? Shall we start suing Garin's great-grandkids?
And why should Fignon be let off just because he admitted it? I assume his family lives in a nice house paid for by his earnings. Why shouldn't they be thrown out on the streets?

Playing devils advocate here at what point should people go back - you argue 20 years is too far and we shouldnt give a toss, some might argue that 7/8 years is ancient history - what point is relevant to crawl all over.

Dave_1

Postby Dave_1 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 14:22 pm

RichN95 wrote:
Dave_1 wrote:
RichN95 wrote:

EPO skewed the results so severely according to many that that era of . Roids didn't stop best winning many say. Draw the line at epo era. Leave 1980s be.
Last edited by Dave_1 on Tue Feb 26, 2013 14:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

greasedscotsman

Postby greasedscotsman » Tue Feb 26, 2013 14:30 pm

Dave_1 wrote:EPO skewed the results so severely according to many that that era of EPO users may have been not very good at all. Roids didn't stop best winning many say. That where we can draw the line of just ebd the hypoc

According to many, cheating skewed results...

Dave_1

Postby Dave_1 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 14:33 pm

greasedscotsman wrote:
Dave_1 wrote:EPO skewed the results so severely according to many that that era of EPO users may have been not very good at all. Roids didn't stop best winning many say. That where we can draw the line of just ebd the hypoc

According to many, cheating skewed results...

Roids couldn't stop the best ...epo could. Lemond was clean and beat roid riders.

iainf72

Postby iainf72 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 14:40 pm

Hope this helps
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

greasedscotsman

Postby greasedscotsman » Tue Feb 26, 2013 14:47 pm

Dave_1 wrote:Roids couldn't stop the best ...epo could. Lemond was clean and beat roid riders.

There is a competative advantage to be gained from steroids though, isn't there? Why else would anyone take them? And they are on the baned list as well, aren't they? Doesn't matter how good Lemond might have been.

Return to “Pro Race”