Pro team kit

General bike chat that does not fit elsewhere
goonz

Pro team kit

Postby goonz » Wed Feb 27, 2013 16:49 pm

Where to buy?

I mean the actual team issue, not replicas? I do remember finding a place last year but cannot for the life of me remember the name.

Is it worth it, or are the replica versions good enough?
Scott Speedster S20 Roadie for Speed
Specialized Hardrock MTB for Lumps
Specialized Langster SS for Ease
Cinelli Mash Bolt Fixed for Pain
n+1 is well and truly on track
Strava http://app.strava.com/athletes/1608875

Danlikesbikes

Re: Pro team kit

Postby Danlikesbikes » Wed Feb 27, 2013 17:04 pm

Depends on which team your looking for?

Some sell both the replica & pro team kit but expect to pay more for the pro version.
Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.

smidsy

Postby smidsy » Wed Feb 27, 2013 17:10 pm

And then expect to be ridiculed for dearing to wear it by the cycle clothing police ;-)
Yellow is the new Black.

Beckers62

Postby Beckers62 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 17:13 pm

You can buy pro Sky team kit on the Rapha site

But Smidsy is right ;)

Danlikesbikes

Postby Danlikesbikes » Wed Feb 27, 2013 17:14 pm

smidsy wrote:And then expect to be ridiculed for dearing to wear it by the cycle clothing police ;-)

Was going to point this out but seem's like the OP really wants some team kit, so mind made up
Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.

goonz

Postby goonz » Wed Feb 27, 2013 17:16 pm

goonz

Postby goonz » Wed Feb 27, 2013 17:18 pm

Thanks for the hints and tips, personally I could not care what the cycle police would say, I really want to try it out if there is a discernable difference between pro and replica kit.

I know its mega expensive but would be nice having one piece for those special trips.

goonz

Postby goonz » Wed Feb 27, 2013 17:20 pm

Beckers62 wrote:You can buy pro Sky team kit on the Rapha site

But Smidsy is right ;)

I am a fan of Rapha clothing albeit not the colour scheme they have, but I actually preferred the adidas kit to the new one. Just doesn't ooze 'pro cycling' to me.

Danlikesbikes

Postby Danlikesbikes » Wed Feb 27, 2013 17:32 pm

goonz wrote:

But Smidsy is right ;)

I am a fan of Rapha clothing albeit not the colour scheme they have, but I actually preferred the adidas kit to the new one. Just doesn't ooze 'pro cycling' to me.

I'm the other way round.

Liked the old Sky kit, but am a big fan and purchaser of Rapha kit anyway so when the new style Sky kit came out I was pleased that it had moved from good to looking really good. You of course have to take out of the picture that the pro kit does quite literally cost and arm & a leg on Chinese Ebay anyway.

Good to hear you don't care what the cycling police say - if they do say anything start the age old argument to shave or not to shave then ride off. :lol:

Danlikesbikes

Postby Danlikesbikes » Wed Feb 27, 2013 17:33 pm

Danlikesbikes wrote:
goonz wrote:

But Smidsy is right ;)

I'm the other way round.

Liked the old Sky kit, but am a big fan and purchaser of Rapha kit anyway so when the new style Sky kit came out I was pleased that it had moved from good to looking really good. You of course have to take out of the picture that the pro kit does quite literally cost and arm & a leg on Chinese Ebay anyway.

Good to hear you don't care what the cycling police say - if they do say anything start the age old argument to shave or not to shave then ride off. :lol:

Edit: Don't do the shave or not shave question if there are female cyclist around, for some reason you get a whole different response and argument.

pride4ever

Postby pride4ever » Wed Feb 27, 2013 17:50 pm

Some of those are well tasty. Personally I go with pro team stuff, I'd wear my fave footy or RL team shirts so the velo-police can go fcuk.
the deeper the section the deeper the pleasure.

coriordan

Postby coriordan » Wed Feb 27, 2013 23:43 pm

i have Ralph Lauren cycling kit too. (seriously)

k3vinjam3s

Postby k3vinjam3s » Thu Feb 28, 2013 07:38 am

well my replicas from china do me, good value and the ones ive had are well made.

declan1

Postby declan1 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 08:43 am

Wearing football shirts is just showing support for that team. You don't walk around the streets pretending to be David Beckham or whoever the latest football star is.

Wearing pro team kit on the bike is trying to look like the pros, and it just makes you look like rather an idiot.

Road - Dolan Preffisio
MTB - On-One Inbred

I have no idea what's going on here.

Carbonator

Postby Carbonator » Thu Feb 28, 2013 08:59 am

declan1 wrote:Wearing football shirts is just showing support for that team. You don't walk around the streets pretending to be David Beckham or whoever the latest football star is.

Good point.

Although I would normally say get what you like, its no ones business, I am not sure about full team kit/replica.
I guess the reason is that getting what you want is being an individual, but riding in team kit is more like pretending you ride for that team.

That said I love cycling and I think its great that this stuff is out there (to buy and see on rides).

rich164h

Postby rich164h » Thu Feb 28, 2013 09:04 am

Carbonator wrote:
declan1 wrote:Wearing football shirts is just showing support for that team. You don't walk around the streets pretending to be David Beckham or whoever the latest football star is.

Good point.

Although I would normally say get what you like, its no ones business, I am not sure about full team kit/replica.
I guess the reason is that getting what you want is being an individual, but riding in team kit is more like pretending you ride for that team.

That said I love cycling and I think its great that this stuff is out there (to buy and see on rides).

Why? what's the difference? I don't have any team kit by the way, but if I did if would be the same reason that people where a football kit, to show support and/or because I like the way it looks. Nothing more. Anyone who saw me ride would know that I'm not Bradley Wiggins, just like they could tell that I'm not David Beckham if they saw me play football.

gavbarron

Postby gavbarron » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:22 am

I don't wear replica kit but don't care if someone chooses to, it's up to them. If the OP wants a replica kit then let him get one, it's not like he's growing side burns and wearing a replica medal is it.

Prhymeate

Postby Prhymeate » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:24 am

These 'rules' about wearing pro kit are ridiculous. So it's ok to walk down the street wearing a beckham shirt but god forbid you ever sit on your bike with a sky top! I don't have any pro kit but really, who cares if people wear them.
The whole argument is a sad reflection on how arrogant the cycling community can be sometimes.

goonz

Postby goonz » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:57 am

gavbarron wrote:I don't wear replica kit but don't care if someone chooses to, it's up to them. If the OP wants a replica kit then let him get one, it's not like he's growing side burns and wearing a replica medal is it.

Don't tempt me! :)
I have the team sky replica but the yellow version which I think looks brilliant and I look amazing in it but I really want to have some pro quality gear firstly to compare the differences and also as a best piece to wear on races or those special rides. It also shows the support for the team but for me the main reason for wanting a lotto belisol kit is because they are sponsored by adecco, the company I work for.

TheBiggles

Postby TheBiggles » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:05 am

goonz wrote:It also shows the support for the team but for me the main reason for wanting a lotto belisol kit is because they are sponsored by adecco, the company I work for.

I hope you're on the company shares scheme or the boss! If not, you're chipping in with some SEO work for them.

I've fancied getting a Garmin Sharp jersey but the prices are rediculous. At least the police will leave me alone.

Return to “Road General”