Wilier cento 1 or canyon aeroad

What bike and bike bits should you buy?
mallorcajeff
Posts: 1899
Joined: Fri Dec 24, 2010 19:57 pm

Wilier cento 1 or canyon aeroad

Postby mallorcajeff » Thu Mar 07, 2013 18:49 pm

I've been offered a cento one ( not sr ) with ultegra di2. I've had my eye on an aeroad with same ultegra di2. Has anyone ridden both? Any ideas on the difference? I was set on the canyon but saw one last week and was not that impressed with the finish on it? For the money would have thought better. I had a wilier and loved the ride. Got an addict RC at the mo with dura ace di2 but just fancy a change. Really stuck now what to go for. Want to stick with ultegra di2 as its no different from my dura ace di2 just cheaper to maintain with spares all the time.
Any thoughts? Liking the cervelo s5 too but seeing as its not populate here I will whisper that. Some great 2012 offers about at the mo and am itching to push the button on something? So undecided. I will keep the addict for the moment n need to pass it for winter duties as its too nice and here in Mallorca if it rains I tend not to go out as it don't ritual often so don't need a winter bike as such.

User avatar
thegreatdivide
Posts: 4245
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:12 am

Re: Wilier cento 1 or canyon aeroad

Postby thegreatdivide » Thu Mar 07, 2013 20:34 pm

The Cento Uno is a modern classic. While I'm in no doubt that the Aeroad is a quality ride the Wilier is an epic bike. I thought about moving on from mine last Autumn but had a 'what the fuxk are you thinking about?' moment and now I know I could never part with it. It's an incredible frame.
"Crevaison sur les paves..."

mallorcajeff
Posts: 1899
Joined: Fri Dec 24, 2010 19:57 pm

Re: Wilier cento 1 or canyon aeroad

Postby mallorcajeff » Thu Mar 07, 2013 20:40 pm

Much as. I thought. Mmmmmmm decisions.

User avatar
ILM Zero7
Posts: 2283
Joined: Fri Mar 19, 2010 06:59 am

Re: Wilier cento 1 or canyon aeroad

Postby ILM Zero7 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 08:18 am

thegreatdivide wrote:The Cento Uno is a modern classic. While I'm in no doubt that the Aeroad is a quality ride the Wilier is an epic bike. I thought about moving on from mine last Autumn but had a 'what the fuxk are you thinking about?' moment and now I know I could never part with it. It's an incredible frame.

just got back on my original Cento after two months - it is so silky smooth and comfortable - you could ride it all day,, and its still a race frame ! to the OP - why are you even thinking about this decision?
http://veloviewer.com/SigImage.php?a=3370a&r=3&c=5&u=M&g=p&f=abcdefghij&z=a.png
[b]Wiliers: Cento Uno/Superleggera R and Zero 7. Bianchi Infinito CV and Oltre XR2

mallorcajeff
Posts: 1899
Joined: Fri Dec 24, 2010 19:57 pm

Re: Wilier cento 1 or canyon aeroad

Postby mallorcajeff » Fri Mar 08, 2013 20:35 pm

No need to think they just sold the only large they had. Should have bought the willies.
Thanks guys missed out:-(

Slowandsteady
Posts: 325
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2012 17:18 pm

Re: Wilier cento 1 or canyon aeroad

Postby Slowandsteady » Fri Mar 08, 2013 21:24 pm

mallorcajeff wrote:No need to think they just sold the only large they had. Should have bought the willies.
Thanks guys missed out:-(


One just sold on eBay from a reputable bike shop for less that £2.2k
Wilier Cento Uno SR 2013 in Fluro Yellow
Cannondale Caad10 2014 in BLACK!!

Vortice
Posts: 209
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 21:19 pm

Re: Wilier cento 1 or canyon aeroad

Postby Vortice » Sun Mar 17, 2013 03:32 am

Do you go to Tenerife at all? Tony at Bici Sports in Los Cristianos can get you a Large. With Di2 it's €2995.

User avatar
giant man
Posts: 10961
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2003 16:34 pm
Contact:

Re: Wilier cento 1 or canyon aeroad

Postby giant man » Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:32 am

The cento Uno is indeed an epic ride. The definite ride all day bike, lovely frames imo ...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Finding the right saddle is the holy grail for the cyclist, good luck, it may take some time .....

hubert222
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2011 05:10 am

Re: Wilier cento 1 or canyon aeroad

Postby hubert222 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:38 pm

Must go for canyon! I had been ride on colango c40, c50 , bianchi, look 585 , time vxrs , de rose - idol, Ebay china frame x 2 , giant adv SL ISP. Canyon Ult CF (arrived soon)
I have a very bad experience in Wilier centro 1 !Very poor customer service and building Quality!

User avatar
thegreatdivide
Posts: 4245
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:12 am

Re: Wilier cento 1 or canyon aeroad

Postby thegreatdivide » Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:58 pm

hubert222 wrote:Must go for canyon! I had been ride on colango c40, c50 , bianchi, look 585 , time vxrs , de rose - idol, Ebay china frame x 2 , giant adv SL ISP. Canyon Ult CF (arrived soon)
I have a very bad experience in Wilier centro 1 !Very poor customer service and building Quality!


So you've not actually ridden the Canyon for a long period yet, you've just bought one?
"Crevaison sur les paves..."

hubert222
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2011 05:10 am

Re: Wilier cento 1 or canyon aeroad

Postby hubert222 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 13:05 pm

thegreatdivide wrote:
hubert222 wrote:Must go for canyon! I had been ride on colango c40, c50 , bianchi, look 585 , time vxrs , de rose - idol, Ebay china frame x 2 , giant adv SL ISP. Canyon Ult CF (arrived soon)
I have a very bad experience in Wilier centro 1 !Very poor customer service and building Quality!


So you've not actually ridden the Canyon for a long period yet, you've just bought one?


Yes, it will arrived coming TUE. But i m have confident on canyon service ( according to their emails )

User avatar
Scrumple
Posts: 3140
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2008 09:29 am

Re: Wilier cento 1 or canyon aeroad

Postby Scrumple » Sun Mar 17, 2013 14:11 pm

hubert222 wrote:Must go for canyon! I had been ride on colango c40, c50 , bianchi, look 585 , time vxrs , de rose - idol, Ebay china frame x 2 , giant adv SL ISP. Canyon Ult CF (arrived soon)
I have a very bad experience in Wilier centro 1 !Very poor customer service and building Quality!


meh

The distributors (ATB) virtually sent me the whole odds and ends kit out to help me convert mine from Di2 to cabled system and were always on hand to answer every question and query.

Also, the ride is sublime and the quality of the carbon is as good as it gets. Stuff like the above, statements made with no evidence and no reasons to support, is just blather.

I have no idea what a centro is.

chigman
Posts: 161
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 22:30 pm

Re: Wilier cento 1 or canyon aeroad

Postby chigman » Sun Mar 17, 2013 14:43 pm

mallorcajeff wrote:I was set on the canyon but saw one last week and was not that impressed with the finish on it?


Jeff - can you elaborate on this abit more please. What exactly was the problem with the finish ????

Steve
Canyon Ultimate CF SLX 7.0
Cube Crossteam Hybrid

hubert222
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2011 05:10 am

Re: Wilier cento 1 or canyon aeroad

Postby hubert222 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 14:46 pm

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 551&type=3

Yes, wilier is very nice , stiff , comfortable and Quality bike. Have a nice day.

User avatar
giant man
Posts: 10961
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2003 16:34 pm
Contact:

Re: Wilier cento 1 or canyon aeroad

Postby giant man » Sun Mar 17, 2013 16:11 pm

hubert222 wrote:https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1896550487431.209382.1051651551&type=3

Yes, wilier is very nice , stiff , comfortable and Quality bike. Have a nice day.

god, what a troll ...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Finding the right saddle is the holy grail for the cyclist, good luck, it may take some time .....


Return to “Road Buying Advice”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Feedfetcher, ivanoile and 6 guests