My budget SAB.

Show off your bikes here...
Herb71

My budget SAB.

Postby Herb71 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 18:19 pm

I bought the frame, forks, saddle, bars and stem from guys on here. I already had the Campag mirage groupset on another bike. The only bit I splashed out on were the wheels, which are new. Hand built by my LBS, cxp33 rims on Miche Primato hubs with Sapim spokes.

All in all, including the wheels, new cables and a couple of other sundries, I spent £520. Quite pleased with that, especially as I can move the wheels over if something nicer comes along.

The frame is originally from Planet X. Presumably new, very old stock judging by the carbon rear triangle, which I think was in vogue 10 years ago. Rides nicely though. Expecting stick for the stem, pedals and computer cable wrapped around the gear cable.

TakeTurns

Re: My budget SAB.

Postby TakeTurns » Thu Apr 11, 2013 19:15 pm

The fact that you adhered to the OCP rules with this photo amuses me. Everything else on the bike clashes so badly. It's all random bits from different centuries. I'd give the frame a new paint job tbh.

Good job with the build anyway, looks a solid bike.

Herb71

Postby Herb71 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 19:24 pm

TakeTurns wrote:The fact that you adhered to the OCP rules with this photo amuses me. Everything else on the bike clashes so badly. It's all random bits from different centuries. I'd give the frame a new paint job tbh.

Good job with the build anyway, looks a solid bike.

Not much point painting it. It will see me through this summer until I have saved up for something nicer. I spent too much money on motorbikes. Will get my priorities in the right order from now on.

dwanes

Postby dwanes » Thu Apr 11, 2013 20:31 pm

Nothing wrong with the paint job, looks good.
Nice wheels! Bet they are strong.

Rolf F

Postby Rolf F » Fri Apr 12, 2013 08:28 am

dwanes wrote:Nothing wrong with the paint job, looks good.

Can't see anything wrong with it either. Carbon rear triangles I think are still going strong. I know you can still get Bianchi Via Nirones with carbon rear triangles and I'm sure they aren't the only option.
Faster than a tent.......

Return to “Your Road Bikes”