Bamboo Bike Build

Ask for advice or share your fettling tips
jonflat2

Bamboo Bike Build

Postby jonflat2 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:12 am

So, for no other reason except that I like a project and a challenge, I've decided to (try and) build a bamboo bike.

I've got a reasonable idea of how I might go-about it ... but at the moment I'm not sure where to source the most important ingredient .... some suitable bamboo.

So if anyone has attempted a similar project and can give me any pointers on the bamboo (or any tips on the build in general) that would be great.

Cheers.

shortcuts

Re: Bamboo Bike Build

Postby shortcuts » Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:40 am

jonflat2 wrote:So, for no other reason except that I like a project and a challenge, I've decided to (try and) build a bamboo bike.

I've got a reasonable idea of how I might go-about it ... but at the moment I'm not sure where to source the most important ingredient .... some suitable bamboo.

So if anyone has attempted a similar project and can give me any pointers on the bamboo (or any tips on the build in general) that would be great.

Cheers.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=bambo ... =firefox-a

http://bamboobicycleclub.org/

jonflat2

Postby jonflat2 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:53 am

Thanks for the links - but not sure they help track down appropriate materials for a home-build.

I know of the Bamboo Bicycle Club (from memory based in Hackney) - but again, thinking of a home/DIY job, rather than a weekend course.

Thanks anyway!

Monty Dog

Postby Monty Dog » Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:06 pm

Grow your own? Could take a couple of year though...
Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..

shortcuts

Postby shortcuts » Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:09 pm

jonflat2 wrote:Thanks for the links - but not sure they help track down appropriate materials for a home-build.

I know of the Bamboo Bicycle Club (from memory based in Hackney) - but again, thinking of a home/DIY job, rather than a weekend course.

Thanks anyway!

I assumed that some of the links would possibly take you to some blogs/forums that might get you the answer you require.

jonflat2

Postby jonflat2 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:12 pm

Monty Dog wrote:Grow your own?

It could well come to that!

wishitwasallflat

Postby wishitwasallflat » Wed Jun 19, 2013 15:15 pm

China

Sorry couldn't resist it

wishitwasallflat

Postby wishitwasallflat » Wed Jun 19, 2013 15:17 pm

Follow the Pandas

Sorry I'm bored and couldn't resist it again - I will stop now and go back to that post about the guy who framed some poor sod in India over a wet jacket scam on ebay.

Return to “Workshop”