Ti Frame

What bike and bike bits should you buy?
Squibnocket

Ti Frame

Postby Squibnocket » Tue Jul 02, 2013 23:20 pm

I'm thinking of building up a Ti road bike, the dilemma is should I buy a second hand frame or new. Any recommendations on frames and what I may find in the used market, I'm not bothered about mudguard bosses as I have a winter bike it will be used in the summer only. If anybody has got a used frame to sell you could pm me I'm 6ft 2.
What do they ride like compared to steel, aluminium and carbon.

Camcycle1974

Re: Ti Frame

Postby Camcycle1974 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 07:49 am

You might find some cheap Van Nicholas Ti frames on the Planet X website. They had some not too long ago.

insella

Postby insella » Wed Jul 03, 2013 08:29 am

they ride very very well. but you must try it, of course
i am only a dilletante with a Dedacciai Ti frame with dura-ace and fulcrum racing 1 wheels, and a dogma. i have to say the ti is super comfy and pretty responsive to accelerate, descend and cruise. if i wasnt so daft i would be perfectly happy with the ti bike, but following a rush of blood it was unsurprisingly trumped.
Now i must clear it out, however i anticipate a ti return when i arrive at the 'half-life' of a dogma.
Sadly it is only a 54cm so no good for you. But I strongly commend k19 ti frames and all Dedacciai production. it seems to me that Italian companies are offering good prices these days, regardless of the super sales tax, especially if you go into the shop. also the private market has offers:
http://www.subito.it/biciclette/nevi-gr ... 003233.htm
http://www.subito.it/biciclette/bici-da ... 997928.htm

appletrees

Postby appletrees » Wed Jul 03, 2013 08:39 am

You have PM...

Monty Dog

Postby Monty Dog » Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:47 am

I'm a big ti frame fan - I have two, road and CX and looking to get another one made soon. The big plus is durability and ride - carbon frames may be a little lighter and stiffer which is only really an advantage if racing. Used titanium doesn't command so much a premium anymore, so you may be able to find a good deal. BTW Deda ti frames aren't made in Italy, but Taiwan
Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..

Return to “Road Buying Advice”