Can someone tell me

The place for more serious off topic questions, light hearted banter and friendly chat.
the playing mantis

Can someone tell me

Postby the playing mantis » Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:07 am

Where i have been offensive in the attached thread???

viewtopic.php?f=40088&t=12936778

SloppySchleckonds

Re: Can someone tell me

Postby SloppySchleckonds » Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:59 am

Mark this FAQ of Mods.
I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles

the playing mantis

Postby the playing mantis » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:11 am

FAQ? u mean FAO?

simonhead

Postby simonhead » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:25 am

I dont think you particularly where, some countries struggle with the British sense of humour and take things a bit litteraly.
Life isnt like a box of chocolates, its like a bag of pic n mix.

the playing mantis

Postby the playing mantis » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:29 am

well apparently i have been xenophobic, and have received a pre-ban warning for it.

i would happily take my medicine if id genuinely done the crime, but i havent, and to be labelled such a term by a mod, despite my ukip sympathies, is offensive in itself.

dmclite-3.0

Postby dmclite-3.0 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:46 am

i couldn't see anything wrong in what you said, mind you I didn't understand a lot of it, its all Greek to me...........I'll see myself out. :D
I don't mean to brag, I don't mean to boast, but I'm intercontinental when I eat French toast...

seanoconn

Postby seanoconn » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:59 am

pm the mod in question and ask which part was deemed offensive or ask a question in 'Discuss the website with the team' section
Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי

dmclite-3.0

Postby dmclite-3.0 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:04 pm

I wonder who dobbed Playing mantis in ? I bet it was.................Im keeping schtum on this one. Like now, not one more word. Zip. Nada. Nil.
I don't mean to brag, I don't mean to boast, but I'm intercontinental when I eat French toast...

the playing mantis

Postby the playing mantis » Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:24 pm

i can only assume it was the 'defender' in that thread, as the mod said to me, any more xenophobic remarks and i will ALSO be getting a ban so i guess the other main contributor to that thread was banned for some unknown reason...

i just thought id highlight the, imo, poor standards here, as others have recently too. if something is reported , can mods not use their judgement to determine if that thing is offensive, or can they use some common sense and use there own opinion to reject the complaint if its invalid.

Ballysmate

Postby Ballysmate » Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:52 pm

He seemed to take offence at the bog roll in the bin remark. Never been to Greece but I am led to believe that this is/was the practice due to the Greek plumbing being too small a gauge to take the paper without becoming blocked. Surely you can't take offence at facts?

simonhead

Postby simonhead » Tue Aug 27, 2013 13:01 pm

Ballysmate wrote:He seemed to take offence at the bog roll in the bin remark. Never been to Greece but I am led to believe that this is/was the practice due to the Greek plumbing being too small a gauge to take the paper without becoming blocked. Surely you can't take offence at facts?

Thats what i read into it, the plumbing is rubbish and sticking sh!tty bog roll in a bin and letting it fester for a few days in the height of summer seems pretty nasty to me. TBH the greek water authorities (apparently there are hundreds of them) make Thames Water look incredibly efficient.

SloppySchleckonds

Postby SloppySchleckonds » Tue Aug 27, 2013 13:06 pm

the playing mantis wrote:well apparently i have been xenophobic, and have received a pre-ban warning for it.

i would happily take my medicine if id genuinely done the crime, but i havent, and to be labelled such a term by a mod, despite my ukip sympathies, is offensive in itself.

I didn't read the thread, but it did come across as xenophobic :roll:

the playing mantis

Postby the playing mantis » Tue Aug 27, 2013 13:12 pm

SloppySchleckonds wrote:
the playing mantis wrote:well apparently i have been xenophobic, and have received a pre-ban warning for it.

my reputation proceeds me!

the playing mantis

Postby the playing mantis » Tue Aug 27, 2013 13:14 pm

Ballysmate wrote:He seemed to take offence at the bog roll in the bin remark. Never been to Greece but I am led to believe that this is/was the practice due to the Greek plumbing being too small a gauge to take the paper without becoming blocked. Surely you can't take offence at facts?

thats what its come to, banned for stating a facts...

simonhead

Postby simonhead » Tue Aug 27, 2013 13:26 pm

There was quite an interesting article on how different cultures interpret things they have read in forums. I am sure it was part of the report after this:Image

SpainSte

Postby SpainSte » Tue Aug 27, 2013 13:45 pm

Just playing devils advocate here.......

But you cant hide behind "facts" if you post something offensive, its still offensive whether or not its factual. Then there is the question over whether you have the right to offend or not.

The thread was in Cake Stop, not Bottom Bracket. Bottom Bracket says you may be offended (has the appropriate warning) but Cake Stop doesn't which gives the mods the right to remove based on whether it was offensive or not, I guess.

My own view is that I may disagree 100% with what you say, but I will defend your right to say it 100%. Too many people claim offense in order to not have their views questioned etc.

SloppySchleckonds

Postby SloppySchleckonds » Tue Aug 27, 2013 13:49 pm

the playing mantis wrote:
SloppySchleckonds wrote:

The Mods have invoked the 'totting up' procedure :roll:

Mikey23

Postby Mikey23 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 13:50 pm

You should never discuss religion, politics, sex or desalination. It can only end in tears...

the playing mantis

Postby the playing mantis » Tue Aug 27, 2013 14:07 pm

SpainSte wrote:Just playing devils advocate here.......

But you cant hide behind "facts" if you post something offensive, its still offensive whether or not its factual. Then there is the question over whether you have the right to offend or not.

The thread was in Cake Stop, not Bottom Bracket. Bottom Bracket says you may be offended (has the appropriate warning) but Cake Stop doesn't which gives the mods the right to remove based on whether it was offensive or not, I guess.

My own view is that I may disagree 100% with what you say, but I will defend your right to say it 100%. Too many people claim offense in order to not have their views questioned etc.

regardless of hiding behind facts or not,

what bit was offensive/xenophobic ? even for cakestop...come on im all ears...

the playing mantis

Postby the playing mantis » Tue Aug 27, 2013 14:08 pm

SloppySchleckonds wrote:
the playing mantis wrote:
SloppySchleckonds wrote:

The Mods have invoked the 'totting up' procedure :roll:

eh? is thsi the fabled warning level, if so where do i see mine??

Return to “The Cake Stop”