Software to compare two gpx tracks?

General bike chat that does not fit elsewhere
topcattim

Software to compare two gpx tracks?

Postby topcattim » Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:22 am

Does anyone know of any software that will enable me to compare two gpx tracks of the same route? I'd like to compare my performance across time trials along the same route - I have a hunch that today I went off too fast and therefore ran out of puff, but would be interested to know if the gpx track also bears that out. I know that raceshape allows you to compare your best Strava performance with other people's Strava performance, but I want something that allows me to compare two tracks of my own against each other. Does this exist?

andrewjoseph

Re: Software to compare two gpx tracks?

Postby andrewjoseph » Sun Sep 01, 2013 18:09 pm

Ascent for Mac allows this.
--
Burls Ti Tourer for Tarmac, Saracen aluminium full suss for trails

topcattim

Postby topcattim » Tue Sep 03, 2013 19:49 pm

andrewjoseph wrote:Ascent for Mac allows this.

Thanks Andrew. I'm a Windows user so won't be able to make that work, but I appreciate the lead.
Anybody else know of anything?

Supermurph09

Postby Supermurph09 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 20:26 pm

There were a couple of sites that allowed this but since Strava changed their software they are not available. Race shape I'm pretty sure did used to give you this feature.

Barbarossa

Postby Barbarossa » Tue Sep 03, 2013 20:30 pm

I think that you can do this in SportTracks with the Unique Routes plugin.

YIMan

Postby YIMan » Tue Sep 03, 2013 21:31 pm

Are the performance graphs on strava any good to you - they show speed over time/distance?

topcattim

Postby topcattim » Tue Sep 03, 2013 21:43 pm

YIMan wrote:Are the performance graphs on strava any good to you - they show speed over time/distance?

Yes, that's the sort of data I'm after, but I'm wondering if there is a way of overlaying two gpx tracks at once. I'm currently fiddling around on SportTracks trying to see if I can make that do what I want to...

topcattim

Postby topcattim » Tue Sep 03, 2013 21:50 pm

Barbarossa wrote:I think that you can do this in SportTracks with the Unique Routes plugin.

Thanks Barbarossa. SportTracks is a new programme to me - looks like there is stacks of data there! Having trouble getting Unique Routes to load - it keeps crashing. I've found something that looks similar - Overlay - but I can't get it to display my relative position at similar times (e.g. how far I'd gone after each minute of the TT). I'll get there, I hope...

Return to “Road General”