Office Notice

The place for more serious off topic questions, light hearted banter and friendly chat.
User avatar
daviesee
Posts: 6445
Joined: Sun May 17, 2009 18:37 pm

Office Notice

Postby daviesee » Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:44 am

New sign up in the office -

BULLYING -
CUT IT OUT

Two questions:-

1. Or what?
2. Isn't that a form of bullying?

Any from your office?
None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.

User avatar
arran77
Posts: 10915
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 18:35 pm

Re: Office Notice

Postby arran77 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:57 am

We love daft signs here, we have one on the back of the door to trap 1 that says something along the lines of 'Please respect your colleagues and any visitors using this toilet, if you make a mess, please clean it up' :shock:

We also have one in the kitchen by the water boiler asking whoever is stealing the teaspoons to please return them :lol:
"Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn

User avatar
Croptonboy
Posts: 154
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 07:21 am

Re: Office Notice

Postby Croptonboy » Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:59 am

Is bullying a problem in your office then?

JackPozzi
Posts: 1112
Joined: Sun Jan 21, 2007 13:53 pm

Re: Office Notice

Postby JackPozzi » Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:13 pm

We had one along the lines of "post an abusive message on a social network site and it will be the last message you post" which I always found to be a tad aggressive. Just glad it didn't threaten that we'd be sleeping with the fish...

IanREmery
Posts: 147
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:38 am

Re: Office Notice

Postby IanREmery » Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:31 pm

At my old place someone put a sign up on the wall of the mens' toilets saying "Urinals Out of Order".

The urinals and associated piping had already been removed, so thanks for the warning, I was just going to p1ss all over the wall and wonder why the yellow stuff wasn't disappearing.

Same jobsworth a week later put a sign up on the cubicle door saying "toilet out of order". The toilet had been removed and was currently sitting in another corner of the room. No Sh1t Sherlock...

I was glad to get out of that place.

User avatar
arran77
Posts: 10915
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 18:35 pm

Re: Office Notice

Postby arran77 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:43 pm

IanREmery wrote:At my old place someone put a sign up on the wall of the mens' toilets saying "Urinals Out of Order".

The urinals and associated piping had already been removed, so thanks for the warning, I was just going to p1ss all over the wall and wonder why the yellow stuff wasn't disappearing.

Same jobsworth a week later put a sign up on the cubicle door saying "toilet out of order". The toilet had been removed and was currently sitting in another corner of the room. No Sh1t Sherlock...

I was glad to get out of that place.


You didn't used to work where I do did you :lol:
"Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn

User avatar
greasedscotsman
Posts: 6637
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2008 20:38 pm

Re: Office Notice

Postby greasedscotsman » Tue Sep 24, 2013 13:05 pm

Previous place I worked had a toilet cubicle which had the note "Out of order, please drop your bombs next door" pinned to it. Few weeks later it had "Toilet now fixed, bombs away".

User avatar
daviesee
Posts: 6445
Joined: Sun May 17, 2009 18:37 pm

Re: Office Notice

Postby daviesee » Tue Sep 24, 2013 13:07 pm

Croptonboy wrote:Is bullying a problem in your office then?

I don't think so but maybe I am the bully. :?

Even more worrying, it is in the disabled toilet and it is the only one.
I use the disabled toilet as a changing room.
None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.

IanREmery
Posts: 147
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:38 am

Re: Office Notice

Postby IanREmery » Tue Sep 24, 2013 13:13 pm

arran77 wrote:
IanREmery wrote:At my old place someone put a sign up on the wall of the mens' toilets saying "Urinals Out of Order".

The urinals and associated piping had already been removed, so thanks for the warning, I was just going to p1ss all over the wall and wonder why the yellow stuff wasn't disappearing.

Same jobsworth a week later put a sign up on the cubicle door saying "toilet out of order". The toilet had been removed and was currently sitting in another corner of the room. No Sh1t Sherlock...

I was glad to get out of that place.


You didn't used to work where I do did you :lol:


Cwmbran?! (I was glad to escape Cwmbran as well as my previous job tbh. I've seen morgue's with more life in them than that place).

User avatar
Croptonboy
Posts: 154
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 07:21 am

Re: Office Notice

Postby Croptonboy » Tue Sep 24, 2013 13:19 pm

daviesee wrote:
Croptonboy wrote:Is bullying a problem in your office then?

I don't think so but maybe I am the bully. :?

Even more worrying, it is in the disabled toilet and it is the only one.
I use the disabled toilet as a changing room.


Carry on as normal, and if the sign then appears on your desk, question answered :)

User avatar
simonhead
Posts: 1375
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 14:43 pm

Re: Office Notice

Postby simonhead » Tue Sep 24, 2013 13:41 pm

A pub near me used to change its unruly children sign each week. Generally they suggested the little nuggets would be met with a gruesome end if they didn't behave.

Where I work now there is a sign asking people not to steal coffee and milk.
Life isnt like a box of chocolates, its like a bag of pic n mix.

User avatar
Pross
Posts: 15204
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:32 am

Re: Office Notice

Postby Pross » Tue Sep 24, 2013 13:58 pm

Just get some scissors and do what they tell you then.

User avatar
Pross
Posts: 15204
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:32 am

Re: Office Notice

Postby Pross » Tue Sep 24, 2013 13:58 pm

IanREmery wrote:
arran77 wrote:
IanREmery wrote:At my old place someone put a sign up on the wall of the mens' toilets saying "Urinals Out of Order".

The urinals and associated piping had already been removed, so thanks for the warning, I was just going to p1ss all over the wall and wonder why the yellow stuff wasn't disappearing.

Same jobsworth a week later put a sign up on the cubicle door saying "toilet out of order". The toilet had been removed and was currently sitting in another corner of the room. No Sh1t Sherlock...

I was glad to get out of that place.


You didn't used to work where I do did you :lol:


Cwmbran?! (I was glad to escape Cwmbran as well as my previous job tbh. I've seen morgue's with more life in them than that place).


What's wrong with Cwmbran? At least it isn't Newport!!

User avatar
daviesee
Posts: 6445
Joined: Sun May 17, 2009 18:37 pm

Re: Office Notice

Postby daviesee » Tue Sep 24, 2013 14:03 pm

Pross wrote:Just get some scissors and do what they tell you then.

:lol: :P :lol:
None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.

User avatar
Kieran_Burns
Posts: 9834
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 13:14 pm

Re: Office Notice

Postby Kieran_Burns » Tue Sep 24, 2013 14:20 pm

I got told off by my boss for taking him at his word when he told me to label everything in the Server room.

He came back a couple of hours later to see dymo labels stuck to things such as:

Window
Door
Floor
Rack
Air conditioning
Door handle
Keyboard
Mouse
Phone
Light Switch
Light
Plug

I think the bit that really got him was when he came over to give me a bollocking, I had an "Engineer" label on my shirt.
Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
2011 Trek Madone 4.5
2012 Felt F65X
Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter

IanREmery
Posts: 147
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:38 am

Re: Office Notice

Postby IanREmery » Tue Sep 24, 2013 14:21 pm

Pross wrote:
IanREmery wrote:
arran77 wrote:
IanREmery wrote:At my old place someone put a sign up on the wall of the mens' toilets saying "Urinals Out of Order".

The urinals and associated piping had already been removed, so thanks for the warning, I was just going to p1ss all over the wall and wonder why the yellow stuff wasn't disappearing.

Same jobsworth a week later put a sign up on the cubicle door saying "toilet out of order". The toilet had been removed and was currently sitting in another corner of the room. No Sh1t Sherlock...

I was glad to get out of that place.


You didn't used to work where I do did you :lol:


Cwmbran?! (I was glad to escape Cwmbran as well as my previous job tbh. I've seen morgue's with more life in them than that place).


What's wrong with Cwmbran? At least it isn't Newport!!


About the only thing it's got going for it. That and free parking...

Genuinely? spent three years there and thought it's a soul-less place. No energy, little hope.

shortcuts
Posts: 355
Joined: Wed Jun 05, 2013 15:10 pm

Re: Office Notice

Postby shortcuts » Tue Sep 24, 2013 14:44 pm

At a place I once worked somebody got into the habit either on nights or very early of using the same cubicle and always leaving a skidmark down the back of the bowl. The cleaner left a note on the back of the cubicle door; "Please use the brush provided to clean away any mess"
To which some wag added;
"And go see your doctor, your ar$ehole appears to be in the wrong place"!

User avatar
Pross
Posts: 15204
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:32 am

Re: Office Notice

Postby Pross » Tue Sep 24, 2013 14:53 pm

It's not that bad (well, it is but it shines like a beacon sandwiched between the ghost town that is Pontypool and the slum that is Newport ) but yes, it suffers from New Town syndrome. You can't just create a town, they have to evolve. I worked there for years (County Hall) and live within about 5 miles and whilst not a fan it is convenient and there's far worse in the area.

IanREmery
Posts: 147
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:38 am

Re: Office Notice

Postby IanREmery » Tue Sep 24, 2013 15:17 pm

Pross wrote:It's not that bad (well, it is but it shines like a beacon sandwiched between the ghost town that is Pontypool and the slum that is Newport ) but yes, it suffers from New Town syndrome. You can't just create a town, they have to evolve. I worked there for years (County Hall) and live within about 5 miles and whilst not a fan it is convenient and there's far worse in the area.


That's very true, there are worse areas. I live in the Rhondda which isn't exactly sparkling but do work in central Cardiff which is a stunning city.

User avatar
Peddle Up!
Posts: 1810
Joined: Fri May 30, 2008 19:10 pm

Re: Office Notice

Postby Peddle Up! » Tue Sep 24, 2013 16:11 pm

arran77 wrote:We love daft signs here, we have one on the back of the door to trap 1 that says something along the lines of 'Please respect your colleagues and any visitors using this toilet, if you make a mess, please clean it up' :shock:

We also have one in the kitchen by the water boiler asking whoever is stealing the teaspoons to please return them :lol:


If the teaspoons are being stolen to clean up the mess, believe me, you don't want them back. :?
Purveyor of "up" :)


Return to “The Cake Stop”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: DIESELDOG and 0 guests