The new commute so far

Here is the place to post the more serious issues surrounding commuting, bike and kit questions, and buying advice
matt581

The new commute so far

Postby matt581 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 08:59 am

So this week was my first week of the new bike commute (due to circumstances i will now be cycling everyday)

15 miles each way, Yate to Avonmouth. I was dubious at first due to not having a shower at work. But having one before i leave then a wash down and change when i get there is fine ( i still smell better them some work colleagues).

Legs were a bit tired this morning, i have only been in work Wednesday to Friday this week so it was good to ease in gently.

All in all, its been fun and the route isn't to bad, around filton and Abbey wood can be a bit annoying.

Not a lot of point to this post but if anyone is worried about the no shower thing i can confirm it is workable,

CiB

Re: The new commute so far

Postby CiB » Fri Sep 27, 2013 09:28 am

A lot of us face the no shower issue. A flannel, a squirty soap dispenser and the sink in the usually more spacious disabled loo is the answer. Like you say, we're probably cleaner than some of our colleagues after a good strip wash. And there's a lot to be said for being nekked at work occasionally. :)

rubertoe

Postby rubertoe » Fri Sep 27, 2013 09:38 am

baby wipes are always a good for those that dont have showers.
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills

Bustacapp

Postby Bustacapp » Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:02 pm

They have a shower at work but I don't use it. I change my top and squirt the armpits and that's all.

matt581

Postby matt581 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:12 pm

If i had a shower i would definitely use it.

patrickf

Postby patrickf » Sat Sep 28, 2013 09:52 am

No shower here either but I've found its no issue at all. Wearing the right cycling gear helps as it wicks the sweat away from your body so you don't stink. My jersey may pong but I've never found that my body did.

Anyway baby wipes on face & pits then spray is enough I find.

I'm not sure that would work with normal clothes on the commute though.

Return to “Commuting General”