ANT+ to be enabled on samsung S$4

General bike chat that does not fit elsewhere

Daz555

Re: ANT+ to be enabled on samsung S$4

Postby Daz555 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 19:57 pm

Good stuff.

Hopefully the devs will get this added into a custom Galaxy S3 ROM as well.
You only need two tools: WD40 and Duck Tape.
If it doesn't move and should, use the WD40.
If it shouldn't move and does, use the tape.

Chris Bass

Postby Chris Bass » Fri Oct 11, 2013 22:10 pm

is that a Samsung you can drag across but not up or down?
www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes

lotus49

Postby lotus49 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 18:06 pm

Thanks for posting this. I have an S4 and I'd like an ANT+ HRM so I hope they update the software before Christmas.

For pointy-headed reasons (I don't want a locked bootloader if you are interested) I may have to wait until the ANT+ code makes it into a custom ROM but it will almost certainly happen fairly soon.

ravenvrider

Postby ravenvrider » Sat Oct 12, 2013 21:24 pm

Hmmm, sounds promising for the S5 that appears to be being launched in January and rolled out February if the tech rumour mill is to be believed....worth waiting for as i was about to get a S4.

BigLights

Postby BigLights » Mon Oct 14, 2013 13:12 pm

Yeah Samsung is top of the pile right now I reckon. I like my S4 and was about to get myself the new Note 3 until I discovered that the cheeky blighters have started region locking their phones (including 'unlocked' phones) so I would not be able to use it in New York, where I will be spending half my time until I relocate permanently next year.

ravenvrider

Postby ravenvrider » Mon Oct 14, 2013 16:22 pm

Biglights, here is an a Samsung press release that has described how the region lock works...and it sounds like you will be fine, if you set it up originally in Europe you can then put a US sim in it when you go.

"In order to provide customers with the optimal mobile experience in each region including customer care services, Samsung has incorporated the ‘regional SIM lock’ feature into Galaxy Note 3 devices.
The product is only compatible with a SIM-card issued from a mobile operator within the region identified on the sticker of the product package. When the device is activated with a SIM card issued from the other region, the device may be automatically locked until it is released at the dedicated service center.
Once a device is activated normally, the regional SIM lock is automatically released. Users can enjoy the roaming service as usual and can use other region’s SIM card when travelling.
The regional SIM lock has been applied to the Galaxy Note II and Galaxy S4 devices through a software update in selective markets.
The regional SIM lock does not affect the device’s features and performance. Users can continue to enjoy all the advanced features of our products."

Return to “Road General”