Older Felt F3 or Newer Chinese Replica - Decisions???

What bike and bike bits should you buy?
hardyp

Older Felt F3 or Newer Chinese Replica - Decisions???

Postby hardyp » Thu Oct 24, 2013 21:42 pm

I'm stuck deciding between a 2007 Felt F3 which has never been used so like new or a chinese pinarello replica with full ultegra groupset all new. Both are what I feel are good bargains but the Felt has dura-ace ace but is older and £200 cheaper. Which would you say is the better deal? :? :? :?

Ck101

Re: Older Felt F3 or Newer Chinese Replica - Decisions???

Postby Ck101 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 23:30 pm

Cant answer this without knowing the price, a bit of history and who is selling, its not a simple A or B question.

Depending on the price it could be neither.

markyone

Postby markyone » Fri Oct 25, 2013 04:16 am

Felt f3 I owned 1 and its a nice bike,i would not have a fake bike.
Colnago c60 Eps super record 11
Enigma evade Dura Ace 9000
BeOne CRD Pro Alloy 29er

griffter18

Postby griffter18 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 07:15 am

Whichever you like the look of.
Whichever fits the best.
Both will look good and who cares what others think anyway its you that will be riding it.
Both will potentially of originated in the same country & neither will have a warrenty so unless you are absolutely sure about the history theres a bit of risk.
One you will get and ride, the other you will get and build which is satisfying in its own ride.
Yes theres the issue of replica/fake and taking cash away from the development teams but its isn't going to change anything.
Go with the frame that fits you the best and that you like the look of the most as everything else will potentially wear out and can be replaced at some point.
If you are going down the Chinese route do your homework and down forget you can customise the decal so it will be unique.
If cash was no object it would be a different story anyway :)
Specialized Enduro 2010 -custom
Specialized Stumpjumper Elite 2009
Specialized Hotwalker - start them young

Jamis Xenith Comp - Road

gwillis

Postby gwillis » Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:23 pm

Just built up my first chinese frame after following another friends build . I'm fortunate to have a sky and carbon branded frames and whilst I don't want yo get bogged down in the different quality carbon debate I'd say for whst I need the bike is cracking .... Cx disc / dirty disco . I paid £350 for a frame which it does I ask and more . Don't write of importing a frane as posted earlier do your homework make sure the geometry is suitable and have patience waiting fir it to arrive ;)

hardyp

Postby hardyp » Fri Oct 25, 2013 17:09 pm

Ck101 wrote:Cant answer this without knowing the price, a bit of history and who is selling, its not a simple A or B question.

Depending on the price it could be neither.

800 and 1000. The replica is already imported and built.

Return to “Road Buying Advice”