Wilier, Campag Record 11, Conservatory, grass...

Show off your bikes here...
User avatar
Pinno
Posts: 18626
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2009 15:37 pm
Contact:

Wilier, Campag Record 11, Conservatory, grass...

Postby Pinno » Sun Nov 03, 2013 22:29 pm

Image

...and almost all second hand.

7.3 kg's with random bottle cage.
Last edited by Pinno on Mon Nov 18, 2013 22:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"It's really tough to make a living, but a man's just gotta try" Disgruntledgoat - who owe's me 10 Goat Bucks

S - The womens Brazilian beach volleyball team
W - Wiggle Honda

Seantheconn: más afeminado que un jamboree de Guías Internacional

Sodafarl
Posts: 127
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2013 23:23 pm

Re: Wilier, Campag Record 11, Conservatory, grass...

Postby Sodafarl » Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:45 am

Lovely bike. Bet it is a great ride.

diamonddog
Posts: 2241
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:48 am

Re: Wilier, Campag Record 11, Conservatory, grass...

Postby diamonddog » Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:55 am

Very tasty.

User avatar
Pinno
Posts: 18626
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2009 15:37 pm
Contact:

Re: Wilier, Campag Record 11, Conservatory, grass...

Postby Pinno » Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:58 am

Sodafarl wrote:Lovely bike. Bet it is a great ride.


It is. Far too good for a feeble glass cranker like me but you can always lean up against a lamp post and look good with it. It is light, forgiving, responsive and for the 50+ rides, that is when you start feeling the benefits.
The thing is, I have just bought a C40...decisions, decisions, decisions.

I think the Winter Trainer is going to be a parts donor for the C40 and replace the bits with something a little less extravagent as it is senseless having Record 10 on the winter machine. However, judging by some of the winter rides in that thread, it not that overboard (the Kuota for example).
"It's really tough to make a living, but a man's just gotta try" Disgruntledgoat - who owe's me 10 Goat Bucks

S - The womens Brazilian beach volleyball team
W - Wiggle Honda

Seantheconn: más afeminado que un jamboree de Guías Internacional

John Clark1
Posts: 250
Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2013 09:17 am

Re: Wilier, Campag Record 11, Conservatory, grass...

Postby John Clark1 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:34 pm

Sweeet. Very nice. Carbon 50s needed maybe? But tasty nonetheless.

Chapeau that man.

Sodafarl
Posts: 127
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2013 23:23 pm

Re: Wilier, Campag Record 11, Conservatory, grass...

Postby Sodafarl » Tue Nov 05, 2013 09:36 am

pinarello001 wrote:
Sodafarl wrote:Lovely bike. Bet it is a great ride.


It is. Far too good for a feeble glass cranker like me but you can always lean up against a lamp post and look good with it. It is light, forgiving, responsive and for the 50+ rides, that is when you start feeling the benefits.
The thing is, I have just bought a C40...decisions, decisions, decisions.

I think the Winter Trainer is going to be a parts donor for the C40 and replace the bits with something a little less extravagent as it is senseless having Record 10 on the winter machine. However, judging by some of the winter rides in that thread, it not that overboard (the Kuota for example).

I see what you mean about some of the winter bikes, can't wait until it is show your summer bikes.
Just took the first ride on my new bike today was nervous as hell.
Have only seen about 3 Wiliers in Norn Iron and one day I will get one (I'm not going to steal one of them).

John Clark1
Posts: 250
Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2013 09:17 am

Re: Wilier, Campag Record 11, Conservatory, grass...

Postby John Clark1 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:22 am

Nice brick. Official Willier issue I take it?

User avatar
Pinno
Posts: 18626
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2009 15:37 pm
Contact:

Re: Wilier, Campag Record 11, Conservatory, grass...

Postby Pinno » Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:43 am

John Clark1 wrote:Nice brick. Official Willier issue I take it?


I carry it in my back pocket for impromptu photo shots, cars overtaking on the wrong side of the road coming towards me and getting safely through the local council scheme. It is circa 1900 ish and is handmade clay excavated from the back garden on account of wondering why the drainage was so poor.
500 perfectly preserved bricks later, it formed the base of the conservatory (pictured) in a herring bone pattern which was built my muggins in Douglas Fir, sweat, blood and tears.
A generous dose of a well known brand of water sealant that did what it said on the tin was put down before the bricks had dried fully resulting in a white residue sealed underneath the stuff what was in the tin. Some numerous un-accountable hours later with lots of cursing and a wire brush, the brick was brought up to its former glory

(You wanted to know).
"It's really tough to make a living, but a man's just gotta try" Disgruntledgoat - who owe's me 10 Goat Bucks

S - The womens Brazilian beach volleyball team
W - Wiggle Honda

Seantheconn: más afeminado que un jamboree de Guías Internacional

User avatar
blinddrew
Posts: 306
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:57 pm
Contact:

Re: Wilier, Campag Record 11, Conservatory, grass...

Postby blinddrew » Tue Nov 05, 2013 14:58 pm

Very easy on the eye, apart from that blue bottle cage! ;)
Music, beer, sport, repeat...

Slowandsteady
Posts: 325
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2012 17:18 pm

Re: Wilier, Campag Record 11, Conservatory, grass...

Postby Slowandsteady » Tue Nov 05, 2013 15:40 pm

Yip, bottle cage shocker.

love the brick though, very classy.

nice bike too by the way
Wilier Cento Uno SR 2013 in Fluro Yellow
Cannondale Caad10 2014 in BLACK!!

User avatar
Yellow Peril
Posts: 4401
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 08:41 am

Re: Wilier, Campag Record 11, Conservatory, grass...

Postby Yellow Peril » Tue Nov 05, 2013 15:41 pm

blinddrew wrote:Very easy on the eye, apart from that blue bottle cage! ;)


How do you know if it's easy on the eye? :wink:

John Clark1
Posts: 250
Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2013 09:17 am

Re: Wilier, Campag Record 11, Conservatory, grass...

Postby John Clark1 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 20:02 pm

pinarello001 wrote:
John Clark1 wrote:Nice brick. Official Willier issue I take it?


I carry it in my back pocket for impromptu photo shots, cars overtaking on the wrong side of the road coming towards me and getting safely through the local council scheme. It is circa 1900 ish and is handmade clay excavated from the back garden on account of wondering why the drainage was so poor.
500 perfectly preserved bricks later, it formed the base of the conservatory (pictured) in a herring bone pattern which was built my muggins in Douglas Fir, sweat, blood and tears.
A generous dose of a well known brand of water sealant that did what it said on the tin was put down before the bricks had dried fully resulting in a white residue sealed underneath the stuff what was in the tin. Some numerous un-accountable hours later with lots of cursing and a wire brush, the brick was brought up to its former glory

(You wanted to know).



Coolio. Bizarrely enough I also carry a brick for lobbing at errant car drivers but mine is attached to a long piece of fishing line so I can leave it lying on pavements and the suchlike so I can play that old "pull the brick away from someone just as they are about to pick it up" game whenever I want.

Yossie used to carry, bizarrely, a cabbage at all times when he went out on his bi-cycle: it started off as a bet but then became a habit. Not the same cabbage mind you, but he always had one tucked in a poacher's pocket. Utterly bloody random. He took one away with work once and it ended up being lobbed at a prat of a Troopy in Brecon and being blamed on a passing crap hat.

Not-another-hill!
Posts: 812
Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2010 20:04 pm

Re: Wilier, Campag Record 11, Conservatory, grass...

Postby Not-another-hill! » Tue Nov 05, 2013 22:56 pm

+1 on the random blue bottle cage

nice bike otherwise :D
Sunny : Wilier Zero 9 Di2
Rainy : 'De Rosa'
Mucky : Specialized Hardrock Pro

John Clark1
Posts: 250
Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2013 09:17 am

Re: Wilier, Campag Record 11, Conservatory, grass...

Postby John Clark1 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 07:12 am

I must admit that I hadn't noticed the bottle cage before - I actually think that its quite cool and random. Leave it on.

M Velo
Posts: 71
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2011 07:26 am

Re: Wilier, Campag Record 11, Conservatory, grass...

Postby M Velo » Wed Nov 06, 2013 23:58 pm

Lovely bike :)
Custom build Trek MTB
Madone 6.9

User avatar
TLW1
Posts: 12276
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2004 06:40 am
Contact:

Re: Wilier, Campag Record 11, Conservatory, grass...

Postby TLW1 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 08:01 am

Looks fantastic, can live with the bottle cage more than the car.........

User avatar
Pinno
Posts: 18626
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2009 15:37 pm
Contact:

Re: Wilier, Campag Record 11, Conservatory, grass...

Postby Pinno » Thu Nov 07, 2013 14:22 pm

matthew h wrote:Looks fantastic, can live with the bottle cage more than the car.........


There is good news and there is even better news.

The Ka car (not a footballer) belonged to my mother. The car has recently been scrapped.

It's last trip, to the scrappy was Colin McCrae-ish :D
"It's really tough to make a living, but a man's just gotta try" Disgruntledgoat - who owe's me 10 Goat Bucks

S - The womens Brazilian beach volleyball team
W - Wiggle Honda

Seantheconn: más afeminado que un jamboree de Guías Internacional

User avatar
ILM Zero7
Posts: 2284
Joined: Fri Mar 19, 2010 06:59 am

Re: Wilier, Campag Record 11, Conservatory, grass...

Postby ILM Zero7 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:15 am

bottle cage is naff - try the Karbona ones
; http://www.karbona.com/pro/b-3-1-18-1.jpg
http://veloviewer.com/SigImage.php?a=3370a&r=3&c=5&u=M&g=p&f=abcdefghij&z=a.png
[b]Wiliers: Cento Uno/Superleggera R and Zero 7. Bianchi Infinito CV and Oltre XR2

John Clark1
Posts: 250
Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2013 09:17 am

Re: Wilier, Campag Record 11, Conservatory, grass...

Postby John Clark1 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:00 pm

pinarello001 wrote:
matthew h wrote:Looks fantastic, can live with the bottle cage more than the car.........


There is good news and there is even better news.

The Ka car (not a footballer) belonged to my mother. The car has recently been scrapped.

It's last trip, to the scrappy was Colin McCrae-ish :D


What - in a helicopter? Fukk that's cool.

User avatar
GMB
Posts: 425
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 18:27 pm

Re: Wilier, Campag Record 11, Conservatory, grass...

Postby GMB » Sat Nov 09, 2013 09:57 am

That's lovely. Why do some bikes suit Campagnolo so much?
Trying Is The First Step Towards Failure

De Rosa Milanino :-
http://i851.photobucket.com/albums/ab78 ... -00148.jpg


Return to “Your Road Bikes”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests