Been out having fun with my Hero3+ I have seen all the training vids with GPS overlays fancied having a try myself. Not a great ride in heavy rain and certainly not a pace to be proud of, but pretty chuffed with the tech.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHc_c0jitMA gets interesting from about 7m30s
Here is how I did it.
1. Reset Garmin 800 and start cam at the same time so that they are roughly in sync.
2. Convert FIT file to GPX file using Training Center
3. Install Cycling.jar (windows or Mac) google cyclecam
4. Create overlay after mucking about with the dials
5. Using Openshot overlay the GPS with the video using chroma key filter effect to make all the black transparent.
I'm now set to create my own set of training/turbo vids
General bike chat that does not fit elsewhere
3 posts • Page 1 of 1