Peaches Geldof RIP

The place for more serious off topic questions, light hearted banter and friendly chat.
RideOnTime

Peaches Geldof RIP

Postby RideOnTime » Tue Apr 08, 2014 09:39 am

Sorry, someone had to its the RIP law.

Tinned.

Capt Slog

Re: Peaches Geldof RIP

Postby Capt Slog » Tue Apr 08, 2014 09:51 am

Bob was known to dislike Mondays.
"Dinosaur" "... horrible human being", BR Mod.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

bdu98252

Postby bdu98252 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:17 am

Is there not some kind of quality of fame required for the RIP notice to be valid. I am thinking of starting to put up the notices in the local rag as this is probably more relevant to the general public. Has she achieved fame for anything other than shagging, taking drugs or general privileged background behaviour.

Pross

Postby Pross » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:26 am

On the news this morning they said her fans were paying tribute. I was wondering how she had fans as I thought she was just famous for being the child of two celebs but apparently she was a writer, model, presenter and journalist. This has somehow passed me by.

Crankbrother

Postby Crankbrother » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:37 am

The poor girl died ... and still the press pick on her hirsutism ... they should have some respect ...

Zanelad

Postby Zanelad » Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:03 am

Sad though her death is, especially in view of her age, I do wonder why it merited being the lead story on the BBC's 10 o'clock news last night.

It's a funny old world.

random man

Postby random man » Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:16 am

Zanelad wrote:Sad though her death is, especially in view of her age, I do wonder why it merited being the lead story on the BBC's 10 o'clock news last night.

It's a funny old world.

Given who her parents are/were, it was inevitable that a tragic story like this will be a major news story. What I can't understand is how Bob Geldof was in any fit state to give such a lucid statement to the press so soon after his daughter's death.
If it was one of my girls, I'd be incapable of saying anything intelligable to anyone for ages.

RIP

arran77

Postby arran77 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:25 am

random man wrote:
Zanelad wrote:Sad though her death is, especially in view of her age, I do wonder why it merited being the lead story on the BBC's 10 o'clock news last night.

It's a funny old world.

Given who her parents are/were, it was inevitable that a tragic story like this will be a major news story. What I can't understand is how Bob Geldof was in any fit state to give such a lucid statement to the press so soon after his daughter's death.
If it was one of my girls, I'd be incapable of saying anything intelligable to anyone for ages.

RIP

Perhaps it didn't come as a surprise to him :shock:
"Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn

Me-109

Postby Me-109 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:28 am

Ironically Bob's been unable to say anything intelligible for ages.

nathancom

Postby nathancom » Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:53 am

Pross wrote:On the news this morning they said her fans were paying tribute. I was wondering how she had fans as I thought she was just famous for being the child of two celebs but apparently she was a writer, model, presenter and journalist. This has somehow passed me by.

Regular renaissance woman

Rolf F

Postby Rolf F » Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:58 am

It's a funny old world.

Pretty logical really. The strange thing is why the media created her in the first place (in as much as that all she has done appears to be based on her biological automatic celeb status) - she seems to have existed purely to be Peaches Geldoff, Media Thing. Headlining her sad death fits in perfectly with that from a media perspective.

25 - not much of a lifetime.
Faster than a tent.......

nathancom

Postby nathancom » Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:06 pm

Rolf F wrote:

It's a funny old world.

Pretty logical really. The strange thing is why the media created her in the first place (in as much as that all she has done appears to be based on her biological automatic celeb status) - she seems to have existed purely to be Peaches Geldoff, Media Thing. Headlining her sad death fits in perfectly with that from a media perspective.

25 - not much of a lifetime.

And sad for her kids to grow up without a mum. It seems that the media tries to portray the same stories at different levels of veracity, a little less scripted at each stage - Eastenders -> Towie -> JadeGoody/Peaches Geldof.

But then we seem to be entering an age where individuals only see public events as valid experiences. As above, we question why Geldof is able to give a quote so soon, but in all likelihood he has to take the choice of speaking quickly and getting some sort of privacy or keeping quiet and getting none.

RideOnTime

Postby RideOnTime » Tue Apr 08, 2014 13:14 pm

I must admit its got me more than I thought it would...

I didn't know her...

Frank the tank

Postby Frank the tank » Tue Apr 08, 2014 18:36 pm

random man wrote:

It's a funny old world.

RIP

Totally agree mate.

I will add, while Peaches Geldof IMO had no particular talent and was fortunate enough to benefit from having well connected parents, it is tragic for to die so young.
Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.

Ballysmate

Postby Ballysmate » Tue Apr 08, 2014 19:05 pm

Pross wrote:On the news this morning they said her fans were paying tribute. I was wondering how she had fans as I thought she was just famous for being the child of two celebs but apparently she was a writer, model, presenter and journalist. This has somehow passed me by.

Passed me by as well mate.
There again, I didn't know her...(Fill the rest in yourselves :wink: )

RideOnTime

Postby RideOnTime » Tue Apr 08, 2014 19:24 pm

Sill feeling it really (thanks for asking)... I found myself rejecting peaches (a tin of) tonight and going for the mandarins.

Mikey23

Postby Mikey23 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 21:32 pm

You're all heart...

Crankbrother

Postby Crankbrother » Thu Apr 10, 2014 22:42 pm

Fame whore, even in death ... Stealing the Ultimate Warrior's spotlight ...

VTech

Postby VTech » Fri Apr 11, 2014 08:17 am

Crankbrother wrote:Fame whore, even in death ... Stealing the Ultimate Warrior's spotlight ...

What a wicked cold hearted statement. Shame on you sir.
Living MY dream.

mfin

Postby mfin » Fri Apr 11, 2014 08:49 am

Here's an idea, next time a 'Celebrity' dies, let's have two threads, and 'xxxxx RIP' one and an 'xxxxx is dead (not the RIP)'. Then the people who want to say how sad it is that someone they don't know has died can have a bit of a mope about, including any 'i can/can't imagine what it must be like' stuff.... then, the other thread can be free of that and just discuss the person who has died. That way, the empathising professional mourner types can have their communal hugs and the people who just fancy discussing what the celebrity was like can have a good waffle. Everybody could have their cake and eat it.

Oh, on a side note, I remember when they named her 'Peaches' as the first time quite such a daft name had been given by some Celebrities to their kid. Since then loads of others have been at it and in fact a totally normal/regular christian name is very rare it seems in Celeb circles. Her name definitely was memorable, which probably helped keep her in the limelight a little as when she was in the news for being drunk or whatever as they could say her name and people would know who was being talked about instantly.

Return to “The Cake Stop”