Netherlands-based TV production company Deepeei is appealing for applicants for its forthcoming cycling challenge film series Going South.
October 31st is the deadline for those who fancy themselves cycling the length of the Americas whilst reporting on environmental innovations that could help overcome the global environmental crises that will challenge us all in the years to come.
Deepeei will select two teams each of two riders. One team will tackle North America, going from Prudhoe Bay in Alaska and following the coast to the Panama Canal, whilst the other will head from Colombia’s capital Bogota to Punta Arenas in Chile. The trips will run simultaneously between May and December 2009, covering a total of 25,000 miles 21 countries.
Along the way, the riders will explore the environmental themes of land use, the food chain, refuse, energy, redesign and reinvention and mobility. The finished 13 episodes will be shown on international television.
In order to apply, you have to be:
- Free of any other commitments from May 2009 - December 2009
- Positive and curious by nature.
- Determined and persistent to get to the bottom of things.
- Genuinely interested in sustainability.
- Independent and well organized.
- Experience with expeditions or extreme sports.
- Humour and creativity are important elements in your way of living.
- Comfortable in front of a camera.
- Fluent in English and preferably have as a second language Spanish or Portuguese.
The winners will receive US$500 per month towards their travelling budget and a camera with unlimited tapes.
Still interested? Then send your CV, including your outdoor and travel experience (maximum two pages), as soon as possible, mentioning which Going South itinerary you are applying for to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You should also send a 1 minute film (Quicktime format) introducing yourself and saying why you are applying to the same e-mail address.