There’s a plethora of info for those planning how to get around Greater London by bike, here’s an overview of what’s available:
• A Maps & Guides section featuring a handy journey planner that shows a suggested route between points defined by postcode, address, transport station or place of interest. When BikeRadar tested the planner we weren’t given a ride distance, just an estimate of time (which is how the planner system displays information for other transport options) but the map was useful. This section of the site also enables you to order paper maps online and there’s the promise of an interactive cycle map in the future.
• An events listing, where you’ll find everything from family fun days out big hitters such as the Cycle 2008 exhibition and the London Bicycle Film Festival.
• There’s information on when and where you can take bikes onto public transport and a comprehensive list of bike parking facilities at mainline, tube, DLR and tram stations.
• Find other riders in your area with Bike Budi, join a group ride from
• Staying Safe, a section with advice on avoiding theft, riding tips and where to find Bikeability accredited training.
• Learn how to get a Community Cycle Grant for your local project.
• Browse the cycling photo gallery, or submit your