The One-Sixty-3000-D is an all-new trail bike from Taiwanese bike company Merida. With 160mm travel front and rear, a 12x142mm rear end and a tough but weight-conscious build, this is a model Merida say is ideal for aggressive trail riding and enduro events.
The bike showcases the company's new suspension system – VPK, or Virtual Pivot Kinematics. The design consists of a unified swingarm connected to the front end of the frame via both a linkage above the bottom bracket and a large rocker arm in front of the seat tube. Merida say this makes for a bike that both climbs impressively and offers plush travel out on the trail. The system – like many others – also works to isolate braking forces from the suspension action.
The One-Sixty is made from hydroformed 6066 aluminium and features smoothed welds throughout. The frame (without shock) weighs in at a claimed 3kg (6.6lb) – something Merida are particularly proud of.
A tapered head tube/fork combo plus a 15mm axle should ensure accuracy and stiffness up front, while the 12x142mm rear end looks set to keep this feeling mutual at the rear. Cables have been routed internally and this is also the case for the RockShox Reverb Stealth post.
The all new VPK rear end
For the £4,000 complete bike price tag you get quality Fox suspension at both ends plus, a 2x10 Shimano XT transmission and Mavic Crossmax SX hoops, plus that RockShox Reverb Stealth remote dropper post. Take a closer look at the Merida One-Sixty 3000-D in our image gallery.
Complete bike specification
- Frame: Merida One-Sixty 6066 triple butted and hydroformed frameset, tapered steerer, 142x12mm rear thru-axle, 160mm Merida VPK suspension
- Sizes: 17in, 19in
- Shock: Fox Float CTD BV SV
- Fork: Fox 34 TALAS 26 CTD FIT, 120-160, 15mm taper
- Headset: NO.55EP Neck
- Crankset: Shimano XT 38-24, Truvativ X-Guide
- Derailleurs: Shimano XT / XT Shadow Plus
- Shifters: Shimano XT
- Brakes: Shimano XT-Fin 203 / 180
- Wheels: Mavic Crossmax SX disc
- Tyres: Schwalbe Fat Albert 2.4 Evo folding
- Cassette: Shimano CS-HG81-10 11-36T
- Chain: KMC X10 10-speed
- Handlebar: FSA Gravity Light OS 740 R15
- Stem: FSA Gravity Light
- Saddle: Prologo Scratch Pro X14
- Seatpost: RockShox Reverb Stealth
- Pedals: Shimano M785