Of all the bikes presented at the London Bike Show, this little Saracen certainly deserves a mention. The Kili Flyer is the company's new 130/120mm travel 650b rig and it's so fresh it doesn't even feature in their 2013 catalogue.
The undeniably Yeti-like paintwork helps set the bike apart from other full suspension Saracens, while a tapered head tube, thru-axles at each end and relaxed geometry ensure it's up to a lot more than its travel might suggest. Like the rest of Saracen’s full-sus 2013 bikes, the Kili Flyer's frame is made from 6066 grade alloy – stronger than the more common 6061 type.
The Kili Flyer is available in one build and for a retail price of £2,799, and Saracen have made sure to include a selection of good kit – you can check out the full spec listing below. Keep your eyes peeled for a first ride of the Kili Flyer on BikeRadar.
Complete bike specification
- Frame: Custom butted series 3 6066 tubeset, CNC Taper 1 1/8" to 1.5" headtube, 120mm travel running on 30mm main pivot cartridge bearings and 15mm NorglideTM linkage bushings / 12x142mm dropouts
- Rear Shock: Fox Float CTD
- Fork: RockShox Revelation RLT, tapered steerer, 130 mm travel
- Headset: FSA 57
- Handlebar: Saracen 318 alloy OS 740 mm wide, 15 mm rise, 9-degree bend
- Brakes: Shimano M596 180/160mm rotors
- Brake levers: Shimano M596
- Front derailleur: Shimano SLX M676-D
- Rear derailleur: Shimano SLX M670
- Shifters: Shimano Deore M591 Rapid Fire
- Cassette: Shimano HG62 10-speed cassette, 11-36T
- Chain: Shimano HG-54
- Bottom bracket: FSA BB-7000
- Hubs: F: Formula sealed bearing black 32-hole / R: Shimano FH-M475 black 32-hole
- Rims: Sun Inferno 25 650b black 32-hole
- Tyres: Maxxis Ardent/Crossmark 650b x 2.1in
- Saddle: Kore Fazer EX
- Seatpost: Alloy micro-adjust, 30.9 mm
- Stem: Saracen 318 6061 60-70 mm A-Head, 7-degree rise, 31.8 mm
- Grips: Saracen lock-on, dual-density grip