Dates have been announced for this year’s Merida Bikes Marathon Series. There will be five UK events between April and September – Builth Wells, Crickhowell, Llanwrtyd Wells, Selkirk and Ruthin – plus a ‘Merida Marathon on Holiday’ round in Bad Goisern, Austria.
Each event will have four course lengths to choose from so every rider can find a challenge. The only exception is the Exposure Lights Big Night Out weekend at Builth Wells, where there will be one course length on Saturday night and three options on Sunday.
Courses are approximately 25, 50, 75 and 100km long and run as non-competitive one-loop rides with the start and finish located in the event village and campsite.
For more information or to book your place, go to the Merida Bikes Mountain Bike Marathon Series website.
2009 dates (rides take place on Sunday of event weekend):
- 11-12 April: Builth Wells, featuring the ELBNO Night Marathon
- 15-16 May: Crickhowell
- 4-5 July: Llanwrtyd Wells (featuring Gore Bike Wear Road Sportive on Saturday)
- 18 July: ‘Merida Marathon on Holiday’ Bad Goisern, Austria
- 1-2 August: Selkirk (featuring Gore Bike Wear Road Sportive on Saturday)
- 19-20 September: Ruthin (featuring Gore Bike Wear Road Sportive on Saturday)