Santa Cruz launches Minnaar V10 replica
By Josh Patterson | Sunday, December 15, 2013 5.27pm
Santa Cruz has created a limited edition Greg Minnaar V10 replica to celebrate the South African's back-to-back gold medals. Only 25 will be made (two of which are already spoken for). The remaining 23 will be available through select Santa Cruz dealers around the world Courtesy
Santa Cruz Bicycles has created a limited run of V10s in celebration of Greg Minnaar’s third World Championship title on this home track in Pietermaritzburg, South Africa.
Only 25 signature V10s have been made – two of which were already spoken for following the unveiling at the Santa Cruz holiday party on Saturday.
While Minnaar rides an XL, Santa Cruz is offering the V10 replica in four sizes, from small to extra large. Aside from sizing, the frame and build kits are nearly identical to that used by the South African racer. The frame, ENVE rims and WTB saddle sport unique South African-inspired decals. Other custom touches include an 808mm-wide special edition ENVE ‘Minnaarbar’ carbon handlebar and a chopped Shimano seven-speed 11-19T cassette.
The replicas even sport a #1 number plate
The remaining 23 V10 replicas are available through select Santa Cruz dealers worldwide and, as one might expect, a World Cup-worthy build comes with a steep pricetag of $11,000.
Click through the gallery at right for a closer look at this World Cup-winning build.
- 7.9 lb (3.6 kg) M size with Fox DHX RC4 shock with 9.5in x 3.0in steel coil
- 10in (25.4cm) to 8.5in (21.6cm) of adjustable travel
- Custom South African decal set
- Molded rubber swingarm and downtube protectors
- Integrated fork bumpers with cable guide
- Carbon upper link
- Co-molded aluminum hardware on upper pivot and bottom bracket
- Forged aluminum lower link with recessed grease ports
- Collet axle pivots
- Direct mount rear derailleur hanger
- Full carbon dropouts and disk mounts
- Available in S, M, L and XL
- Chris King headset
- Chris King hubs
- ENVE carbon DH rims with custom decals
- ENVE carbon 808mm-wide Minnaarbar handlebar
- ENVE carbon seatpost
- Burgtec direct-mount stem
- Shimano Saint 165mm cranks with 36T front chainring
- 7-speed 11-19 Shimano cassette
- Shimano Saint brakes with 203mm rotors
- Custom WTB Minnaar Silverado saddle
- Gamut P38 chainguide
- Maxxis Minion DHR II tires
- Marsh Guard front fender
- Replica #1 number plate
You can follow BikeRadar on Twitter at twitter.com/bikeradar and on
Facebook at facebook.com/BikeRadar.
can also improve your fitness and train with us on training.bikeradar.com.