USA Cycling announced its 2010 National Racing Calendar, which will feature 27 events in its 14th year.
The list is similar to last year's calendar, missing only the Amgen Tour of California Women's race and the Hanes Park Classic. Two new events were added to the calendar, one in New Jersey and one in Virginia.
The men will have 25 races, eight of which are not NRC ranked for women, while the women will compete in 19, two of which are women-only.
The calendar kicks off with the long-running Redlands Bicycle Classic, March 25-28 then heads down the Pacific coast to scenic Dana Point, California for the men's-only Dana Point Grand Prix on April 11.
The series will see two new races, the Basking Ridge Twilight Grand Prix in Basking Ridge, New Jersey on May 26 and the Richmond Twilight Grand Prix in Richmond, Virginia on June 3, with the nation's oldest bicycle race, the Tour of Somerville sandwiched in between on May 31.
The overall prize list for the 2010 NRC is US$981,310, down nearly US$400,000 from last year's initial NRC which included seven more events. The 2009 NRC however lost seven events and a total of nearly US$250,000 of that prize money. Of the 2010 total, US$719,000 is up for grabs to the men, while the overall women's purse is US$262,310.
2010 USA Cycling National Racing Calendar
- March 25-28: Redlands Bicycle Classic - Redlands, CA www.redlandsclassic.com
- April 11: Dana Point Grand Prix - Dana Point, CA www.danapointgrandprix.com
- April 17: Sunny King Criterium - Anniston, AL www.sunnykingcriterium.com
- April 28-May 5: SRAM Tour of the Gila - Silver City, NM www.tourofthegila.com
- May 6-10: Joe Martin Stage Race - Fayetteville, AR www.joemartinstagerace.com
- May 22: Wilmington Grand Prix - Wilmington, DE www.wilmgrandprix.com
- May 23: Kelly Cup - Baltimore, MD www.bikejam.org
- *May 26: Basking Ridge Twilight Grand Prix - Basking Ridge, NJ www.libertycycleinc.com
- May 31: Tour of Somerville - Somerville, NJ www.tourofsomerville.org
- *June 3: Richmond Twilight Grand Prix - Richmond, VA www.288sportsgroup.com
- June 4-6: Tulsa Tough - Tulsa, OK www.tulsatough.com
- June 6: Liberty Classic - Philadelphia, PA www.procyclingtour.com
- June 12: Clarendon Cup - Arlington, VA www.arlingtonsports.org
- June 13: Tour de Winghaven - St. Louis, MO www.tourdewinghaven.com
- June 16-20: Nature Valley Grand Prix - Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN www.naturevalleygrandprix.com
- June 27: Manhattan Beach Grand Prix - Manhattan Beach, CA www.mbgp.com
- July 2-5: Fitchburg Longsjo Classic - Fitchburg, MA www.longsjo.com
- July 3: Two Bridges Criterium (Marion Classic) - Marion, IN www.marionclassic.com
- *July 10: Meijer Grand Cycling Classic - Grand Rapids, MI www.grcyclingclassic.com
- July 17: Boise Twilight Criterium - Boise, ID www.boisetwilightcriterium.com
- July 20-25: Cascade Classic - Bend, OR www.breakawaypromotions.com
- July 25: Chicago Criterium - Chicago, IL www.chicagocriterium.us
- July 30-August 1: Tour of Elk Grove - Elk Grove, IL www.tourofelkgrove.com
- August 7: Presbyterian Hospital Invitational Criterium - Charlotte, NC www.charlottecriterium.org
- August 18-22: Tour of Utah - Salt Lake City, UT www.breakawaypromotions.com
- August 28-29: 1.2 Chris Thater Memorial - Binghamton, NY www.bcstopdwi.com
- September 6: US 10K - Atlanta, GA www.us10k.org