BikeRadar Live: UK's biggest new bike festival
By John Stevenson, international editor | Friday, January 30, 2009 9.40am
On the weekend of 30-31 May 2009, Britain’s new Grand Prix circuit, Donington Park, in Leicestershire, will host BikeRadar Live, a massive festival of cycling including an expo of the bike industry’s best gear, road and mountain bike rides and races, bike demos, and lots more.
The weekend of riding and racing will include:
BikeRadar is not responsible for the
content of external websites
- A huge expo showcasing all the best bikes and gear from the world's top manufacturers.
- The biggest ever What Mountain Bike and Cycling Plus Bike Demo Days sessions with test bikes from a vast range of major manufacturers on the Donington F1 circuit and on a purpose-built mountain bike trail.
- The Mountain Biking UK Eight Till Eight 12-hour mountain bike enduro.
- The Cycling Plus Sportive in association with the Geoff Thomas Foundation, taking in the glorious scenery of the Peak District (and the hills).
- The Mountain Biking UK Eliminator dual slalom and dirt jump contest .
Other attractions will include a trials contest; technical seminars; a weekend-long programme of cycling movies and art; plus great food and entertainment.
There’ll be kids and family events too including a kids’ bikes demo, kids’ races and a family camping area.
Want to know more? Head to the BikeRadar Live website or discuss it in the BikeRadar forum.
You can follow BikeRadar on Twitter at twitter.com/bikeradar and on
Facebook at facebook.com/BikeRadar.
can also improve your fitness and train with us on training.bikeradar.com.