Danny MacAskill's Inspired Bicycles street bike now on sale
By BikeRadar, UK | Monday, October 24, 2011 3.45pm
The 24in-wheeled street trials bike that Danny MacAskill used in both his Way Back Home and Industrial Revolutions videos is now available to the public. The Inspired Bicycles Skye is named after the Scottish island where MacAskill grew up and is described as "one of, if not the toughest street framesets available".
Features include a super-stiff forged one-piece bottom bracket/chainstay yoke, a CNC machined top tube/seatstay yoke and strengthening gussets on the top and down tubes. Through-axles at both ends stiffen things up even more, while dual brake mounting options (IS disc or hydraulic rim brake) add versatility and the oversize fork includes internal brake hose routing for a clean look.
MacAskill said: "It’s been awesome coming up with the bike of my dreams, something which stands up to all the abuse I give my bike whilst pushing for lines in videos." He added that the Skye has been designed with short chainstays and a low bottom bracket because this makes it "feel more stable, easier to hop and for me, easier to spin!".
The complete bike is decked out with many of the components MacAskill uses on his own rig, including custom Hope Pro II EVO and Pro II EVO Trial hubs, a Hope Stem and Atomlab rims. The full build as detailed below retails for £2,299, with the frameset set at £1,299. For more information, visit the Inspired Bicycles website.
BikeRadar is not responsible for the
content of external websites
Complete bike specification:
- Frame: Inspired Skye, 12mm bolt-through axle, vivid orange finish
- Forks: Inspired Skye, 20mm bolt-through axle, vivid orange finish
- Front hub: Hope Pro II EVO, 20mm bolt-through axle, 32h
- Rear hub: Hope Pro II EVO Trial,12mm bolt-through axle, 32h (custom made)
- Rims: Atomlab Pimp
- Tyres: Maxxis Holy Roller 24 x 2.4in
- Brakes: Hope Tech-2 Trial, 180mm disc (custom made)
- Cranks: Truvativ Holzfeller, 175mm, with Inspired 7075 bashring
- Pedals: Inspired Team
- Bottom bracket: Truvativ Howitzer
- Saddle: Inspired Pivotal
- Seatpost: Inspired Pivotal
- Headset: Hope, 1-1/8in
- Stem: Hope, 90mm x 10˚
- Grips: Inspired lock-On
- Handlebar: Inspired riser
Video: Danny MacAskill at BikeRadar Live 2009
You can follow BikeRadar on Twitter at twitter.com/bikeradar and on
Facebook at facebook.com/BikeRadar.
can also improve your fitness and train with us on training.bikeradar.com.