First look: Commencal Absolut SX 2010
By Matthew Cole | Tuesday, May 26, 2009 3.30pm
Commencal have released details of their 2010 Absolut SX slopestyle/dirt jump/bike park bike which has been developed with input from French mountain bike star Cedric Gracia.
In a recent interview with BikeRadar, Max Commencal called the Absolut “our ambassadors in the cities and dirt parks" and said the range would "not only expand, but get better through a load of small details".
The new Absolut SX has several updates from the 2009 model including:
- Main pivot point of Contact System suspension moved to bottom bracket – offers 140mm (5.5in) of rear travel and allows for a singlespeed build
- 10mm shock mount bolts – stronger and easier to remove
- Integrated tapered headtube (1.5 - 1 1/8in)
- New stronger rear dropouts which are compatible with the Absolut SX, Absolut AL, Absolut 4X and Meta 4X
- Compatible with 10mm, 12mm, 12mm Maxle or singlespeed hubs
- ISCG mount
The Absolut SX will be available in mid-September. Commencal will be offering a complete bike and a VIP frame for sale (price TBC) in sizes short and long.
You can follow BikeRadar on Twitter at twitter.com/bikeradar and on
Facebook at facebook.com/BikeRadar.
can also improve your fitness and train with us on training.bikeradar.com.