A number of rides have been organised, ranging from a 35-mile circuit of all the Olympic venues to a leisurely 40-mile off-road trek to find the six varieties of wild orchid growing in the park. For more seriously-minded cyclists, the 115-mile Ride Around London or the 60-mile London to Cambridge ride are alternatives.
The Year to Go Cycle Ride will celebrate the 12-month countdown to next summer’s Olympic Games with a 35-mile guided circular ride, passing the home of the Olympic canoeing events – the Lee Valley White Water Centre – and the Olympic Park in Stratford. Those of you wanting to do your own thing can choose from miles of cycle-friendly routes weaving their way through the park. The full schedule of summer cycling rides is detailed below:
- Orchid Discovery Cycle Ride (adults) - Saturday 25 June, 10am-5pm, booking required.
- London to Cambridge Bike Ride (adults) - Sunday 24 July, from 7:30am, booking required (cost from £18).
- A Year to Go Cycle Ride (adults) - Sunday 31 July, 10am-4pm, booking required.
- Family Cycle Ride (all the family) - Wednesday 10 August, 10.30am-3pm, booking required.
- Ride Around London (all the family) - Sunday 25 September, booking required (£28 entry).