Cannondale have unveiled a special edition superlight version of their Scalpel bike which the riders in the Cannondale-Vredestein Mountain Bike Racing Team will ride for the Olympic cross country event.
The bike weighs in at a mere 8.8kg. How have they scraped the weight off?
- Using high modulus carbon layers
- It has a raw carbon finish (no paint) and lightweight national decal kits
- Ride tuned and race optimised HeadShok Lefty fork
- Uses Cannondale’s Si SL 2x9 mountain crankset with ceramic bearings
- Vredestein prototype Black Panther tubular tyres
- Mavic’s prototype tubular wheelset
Want to see the bikes in action? The men’s cross country race is on Saturday, August 23rd.