The Tour wants to stop Pavel Padrnos and Stefano Zanini from continuing, but the UCI won't let them.PICTURE BY TIM DE WAELE US Postal's Pavel Padrnos and Quick Step's Stefano Zanini have been allowed to start Friday's stage to La Mongie despite the Tour organisation's desire to eject them from the race. The two riders have found backing for their cause in the shape of the UCI, which has said their situation is not the same as Martin Hvastija and Stefano Casagranda, who were thrown off the race earlier in the week after it was confirmed they are involved in an Italian doping inquiry in San Remo. The decision to allow the pair to continue did not go down well with the Tour organisers, who have now prevented five riders from either starting or continuing the Tour because of their involvement in doping inquiries. "We have received information from Italy from the judge at the San Remo court concerning Stefano Zanini and Pavel Padrnos which says that they have a case to answer," said the director of Tour organisation ASO, Patrice Clerc. "Following the position we have previously adopted, we asked the president of the UCI's race jury for permission to exclude the two riders," Clerc continued. However, the UCI turned down this request. Clerc said of this decision: "There is disagreement between the UCI and the Tour organisation on this matter." The Tour has now asked the Council of Professional Cycling to arbitrate in this matter.