Ullrich: I'm innocent until proven guilty

In his first public comment since being pulled from T-Mobile's Tour line-up after being implicated i

PIC BY TDWSPORT.COM

In a statement released on Monday, Jan Ullrich declared he was innocent of any suspected doping offence, until proven otherwise. Ullrich, who was pulled out of T-Mobile's Tour team after being implicated in the Operacion Puerto doping affair, stated: "As in any country subject to the rule of law, the until proven guilty standard applies not only to me, but to every other person, too."

Currently suspended by T-Mobile together with team-mate Oscar Sevilla and directeur sportif Rudy Pevenage, Ullrich failed to respond to his team's July 13 deadline for an explanation of his link to the Puerto affair. Or at least, that was what the press had been told by his team. Ullrich, though, claimed he had been in written contact with T-Mobile.

"Contrary to other reports, my lawyers have forwarded a written declaration about the allegations made against me to the managing agency of my team, the Olaf Ludwig Cycling GmbH, in due time last Thursday. At the recommendation of my lawyers, I will currently release no further public explanations," said Ullrich's statement.

"My lawyers are in contact with the Spanish investigation authorities in order to determine, if and in what form allegations have been actually made against me."

Back to top