The route for the 2010 Amgen Tour of California professional cycling race was revealed in its entirety, today, as part of a weeklong progression of daily video posts highlighting each of the race’s eight stages.
Three-time defending champion Levi Leipheimer and seven-time Tour de France Champion Lance Armstrong will attend the fifth-annual event, which takes place over eight consecutive days from May 16-23.
The 2010 Amgen Tour of California travels along a more than 800-mile course from Nevada City to Thousand Oaks, the title-sponsor Amgen’s hometown community. Host cities for the eight stages include: Nevada City, Sacramento, Davis, Santa Rosa, San Francisco, Santa Cruz, San Jose, Modesto, Visalia, Bakersfield, Pasadena, Big Bear Lake, Los Angeles and Thousand Oaks/Westlake Village/Agoura Hills.
The eight videos created by the host cities can be found on the Amgen Tour of California Web site, its Facebook page and on YouTube. The videos reveal the specific route details of each stage.
The stages of the 2010 Amgen Tour of California race include:
Stage 1: Nevada City to Sacramento (Sunday, May 16)
- Start Time: 11:45 a.m.
- Start Location: Intersection of Broad St. and Pine St. in Nevada City
- Finish Location: Intersection of L St. and 11th St. in Sacramento
Stage 2: Davis to Santa Rosa (Monday, May 17)
- Start Time: 11 a.m.
- Start Location: Intersection of C St. and 3rd St. in Davis
- Finish Location: Intersection of 3rd St. and Santa Rosa Ave. in Santa Rosa
Stage 3: San Francisco to Santa Cruz (Tuesday, May 18)
- Start Time: 11:15 a.m.
- Start Location: Great Highway near Fulton St. in San Francisco
- Finish Location: Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk
Stage 4: San Jose to Modesto (Wednesday, May 19)
- Start Time: 11 a.m.
- Start Location: Park Ave. near Market St. in San Jose
- Finish Location: Intersection of I St. and 12th St. in Modesto
Stage 5: Visalia to Bakersfield (Thursday, May 20)
- Start Time: 10:45 a.m.
- Start Location: Main St. between Church St. and Garden St. in Visalia
- Finish Location: Bakersfield College on Panorama Dr.
Stage 6: Pasadena to Big Bear Lake (Friday, May 21)
- Start Time: 9:45 a.m.
- Start Location: Pasadena City Hall on Garfield Ave.
- Finish Location: Snow Summit Ski Area on Summit Blvd. in Big Bear Lake
Stage 7: Los Angeles Individual Time Trial (Saturday, May 22)
- Start Time: 1 p.m.
- Start Location: Staples Center on Figueroa St.
- Finish Location: L.A. LIVE on Chick Hearn Ct. in downtown Los Angeles
Stage 8: Thousand Oaks/Westlake Village/Agoura Hills Circuit Race (Sunday, May 23)
- Start Time: 12:30 p.m.
- Start Location: The Oaks Shopping Center on Thousand Oaks Blvd. in Thousand Oaks
- Finish Location: Intersection of Townsgate Rd. and Village Glen in Thousand Oaks
For analysis of the 2010 Amgen Tour of California route, visit CyclingNews.
You can follow BikeRadar on Twitter at twitter.com/bikeradar.