Martyn's Colnago C59 Disc is the world's first production disc-braked carbon fibre road racing bike, one of the fastest machines out there with a near identical frame to the one raced by France’s Thomas Voeckler in the Tour de France.
So, give this bike to a seriously fast rider and you'll get results, but give this bike to Martyn Ashton, Danny Macaskill or Chris Akrigg and you'll get results of an altogether different kind.
The bike has inherited a few subtle modifications and as a result would cost in the region of £15,000 / $24,500 to reproduce.
Despite the absolute brutality that this bike was subjected to, the only failures are said to have been punctures along with one brake line that was pulled out as a result of a crash.
Martyn took a set of standard Shimano XT T780 Touring pedals and modified them to look more in keeping with a road bike
Complete bike specifications
- Frame: Colnago C59 Disc, Ferrari team colours
- Fork: Colnago C59 Disc
- Stem: FSA K-Force
- Handlebar: FSA K-Force
- Brakes: Bespoke Hope Hydraulic Trials Zone
- Brake levers: Bespoke Hope Hydraulic Trials Zone
- Derailleurs: Shimano Dura-Ace Di2
- Shift levers: Shimano Dura-Ace Di2 climbing
- Cassette: Shimano Dura-Ace
- Chain: Shimano Dura-Ace
- Crankset: FSA SL-K Crankset
- Bottom bracket: FSA SL-K
- Pedals: Custom Shimano XT T780 / Hope F20 flats
- Front wheel: Vision Metron T42 Carbon, Hope Pro III Disc Hubs
- Rear wheel: Vision Metron T42 Carbon, Hope Pro III Disc Hubs
- Tires: Continental Grand Prix 4000-S, 700x25m
- Saddle: Prologo Nago Evo TR Saddle
- Seatpost: FSA K-Force
- Bottle cages: FSA K-Force (full of Red Bull, apparently)