Aussie Ben O’Connor, a new recruit to Team Dimension Data, put on quite a show at the Santos Tour Down Under People's Choice Criterium, going off the front on the third lap and staying there until just over two laps to go.
- 10 clever hacks used by World Tour race mechanics
- WorldTour mechanics reveal how they pack for long-haul flights
- Gallery: Mark Renshaw's Cervélo S5
- Tour Down Under 2017 news and bike galleries
Standing 1.88m / 6ft 2in, O’Connor was riding a comparatively small size 56 frame, however, a glance at the massive amount of seatpost sticking out of the frame and his 830 mm saddle height gives an insight into the West Australian’s unique bike fit.
It appears the majority of that height must be in his legs because the 130mm ENVE stem is not something particularly out of the ordinary for a World Tour Rider.
At the top of that tree of a seatpost is a Fizik Antares saddle and the front touch points are a set of 400mm ENVE road bars finished with Lizard Skins DSP Camo bar tape.
O’Connor is one of three Team Dimension Data riders on Rotor’s Q-rings, and has a 53-38t combo set to the third OCP (Optimum Chainring Positions).
Completing the gearing at the back is an 11-28t Ultegra cassette that's paired with a gold KMC chain.
Shifting duties are covered by Shimano’s Dura-Ace 9070 Di2 transmission.
As with the rest of the Team Dimension Data riders, O’Connor is using lime green Speedplay Zero pedals with a stainless steel axle.
The ENVE SES 4.5 rims are paired with Conti Competition 25c tubs and Enve’s new carbon road hubs — a departure from the Chris King and DT Swiss hubs the team was using last year, though it seems they are still using DT skewers in the wheels.
Keeping track of O'Connor's efforts is the new ROTOR 2IN Power dual side power meter and a Pioneer SGX-CA500 headunit.
Complete bike specifications
- Frame: Cervélo S5, size 56
- Fork: Cervélo S5
- Headset: CeramicSpeed
- Stem: Enve Road carbon, 130mm, 6-degree
- Handlebar: Enve Road Compact, 40cm (42cm c-c at drops)
- Tape: Lizard Skins DSP Black Camo
- Front brake: Shimano Dura-Ace 9000
- Rear brake: Shimano Dura-Ace 9000
- Brake/shift levers: Shimano Dura-Ace Di2 9070
- Front derailleur: Shimano Dura-Ace Di2 9070
- Rear derailleur: Shimano Dura-Ace Di2 9070
- Cassette: Shimano Ultegra, 11-28T
- Chain: KMC X11SL
- Crankset: Rotor 2INPower, 175mm, 53/38T Q-Rings
- Bottom bracket: CeramicSpeed
- Pedals: Speedplay Zero
- Wheelset: Enve SES 4.5
- Tyres: Continental Competition tubular, 25mm
- Saddle: Fizik Antares
- Seatpost: Cervélo S5 Carbon
- Bottle cages: Tacx Deva
- Rider's height: 1.88m / 6ft 2in
- Rider's weight: 67kg
- Saddle height from bottom bracket: 830mm
- Centre of saddle to centre of bar: 790mm
- Top tube length (effective): 565mm
Swipe or click through the gallery above to see more of O'Connor's bike.