Looking for an epic ultra-long distance cycling challenge to aim at this summer?
BikeRadar has teamed up with the event organiser Rat Race to offer two lucky winners free entry to the devilishly tough but heavenly beautiful 440-mile London to Edinburgh Rat Race Road Trip challenge.
The incredible journey will start in Wembley, London on 8 August and finish at Murrayfield in Edinburgh on 11 August. What lies between is an epic journey through the heart of England, before crossing into the Scottish Borders for the last leg to Murrayfield. The ride can be completed in 72 hours, starting on the Friday as part of the challenger group, or if you’re feeling frisky, you can do it in 48 hours as part of the expert class.
The event is fully way-marked and supported along quiet, direct back-routes and includes nightly pitstops where you can refuel and relive the day’s events before embarking on the next day’s challenge
Each ticket includes:
- London to Edinburgh in a weekend by bike
- Fully waymarked course
- Special edition tech T-shirt worth £15
- Post event pictures with your finish time
- No fee for changing participant's details pre event
- Serviced overnight camps with hot showers, real ale bar and food available
- Free bag transfers
- High quality finisher’s medal
- Electronic timing with stage splits
- Special edition jerseys and other event merchandise for sale
- Courier service available to get your bike back home (subject to charge)
To be in with the chance of winning, head to the Rat Race Road Trip competition page and fill out the form. The competition closes at midnight on 11 April 2014 and winners will be drawn at random from all entries received.