The RockShox Pike has been lauded by trail riders and enduro racers for its performance and reliability. Now, the suspension fork manufacturer is introducing a version of the Pike tuned for the hard-hitting world of dirt jump and slopestyle riding.
The Pike DJ shares the same 35mm chassis as the current Pike and adds a custom-tuned Charger damper. The extra firm compression tune provides additional support for aggressive riding.
The Pike DJ will be available this July and will retail for US$884 / £670 / €786. It will only be offered for 26in wheels and will come in 100mm and 140mm versions.
The 100mm version uses an air spring that is much more progressive than its longer-legged brethren. RockShox states it is the equivalent of using five Bottomless Tokens installed in a standard 26in Pike.
RockShox will offer the Pike DJ in 100mm and 140mm versions
- Claimed weight: 1845g (4.06lb)
- Wheel size: 26in
- Suspension travel: 100mm, 140mm
- Steerer tube: Tapered aluminum
- Crown: Forged, hollow 7050 aluminum
- Axle type: 15x100mm Maxle Ultimate
- External adjustments: Rebound, low-speed compression
- Air spring: Solo Air
- Colors: Black, Diffusion Black, White
- Fork offset: 40mm
- Maximum Rotor Size: 200mm
For more information visit www.sram.com/rockshox.