Wilco Kelderman has been touted as the next star of Dutch cycling. The label usually comes attached to a big bag of public expectation, but the 23-year-old Belkin rider appears to be carrying it lightly this season. He took seventh at the Giro d'Italia in May – only his second grand tour – and is currently third at the Critérium du Dauphiné where he was almost able to match the pace of Chris Froome (Team Sky) and Alberto Contador (Tinkoff Saxo-Bank) up the slopes of the Col de Béal yesterday.
Kelderman is riding the very stiff Bianchi Oltre XR2, an all-round race bike in a standard team setup. That means Shimano Dura-Ace Di2 throughout, FSA components and, for him, a San Marco saddle tipped slightly forward.
The frame – ridden by most of the team’s stage race group – is a size 57cm. The frame is designed to be as stiff as possible, but there are some nods to comfort: the Oltre XR2 is built with slim seatstays to reduce road vibration and reduce weight without losing power transfer.
The 6ft, 2in Kelderman is built tall and slender in the Dutch mold, so most of his measurements are on the lengthy side. Saddle to the center of the bottom bracket, for example, is 788mm.
The bike has some aerodynamic features, with internally routed cables and a sculpted head tube that keeps frontal area to a minimum.
Complete bike specifications
- Frame: Bianchi Oltre XR2 (570mm)
- Fork: Bianchi Oltre
- Headset: FSA Orbit 1 1/8in to 1 1/2in internal system
- Stem: FSA OS-99, 110mm
- Handlebar: FSA K-Force Carbon 420mm
- Tape: Celeste Cork
- Front brake: Shimano Dura-Ace BR-9000
- Rear brake: Shimano Dura-Ace BR-9000
- Brake levers: Shimano Dura-Ace Di2 STI Dual Control ST-9070
- Front derailleur: Shimano Dura-Ace Di2 FD-9070
- Rear derailleur: Shimano Dura-Ace Di2 RD-9070
- Shift levers: Shimano Dura-Ace Di2 STI Dual Control ST-9070
- Cassette: Shimano Dura-Ace CN-9000, 11-28
- Chain: Shimano Dura-Ace CN-9000
- Crankset: Shimano Dura-Ace FC-9000, 172.5mm, 53/39
- Bottom bracket: Shimano SM-BB9000
- Pedals: Shimano Dura-Ace SPD-SL PD-9000
- Wheelset: Shimano Dura-Ace WH9000-C50-TU
- Front tire: Vittoria Corsa SC tubular 25mm
- Rear tire: Vittoria Corsa SC tubular 25mm
- Saddle: San Marco Concor Team
- Seatpost: Oltre full carbon aero + Shimano Di2 internal battery
- Bottle cages: Tacx Uma Carbon (2)
- Other accessories: Pinoneer Power Meter
- Rider's height: 6ft 2in
- Rider's weight: 143lb
- Saddle height from BB, c-t: 788mm
- Saddle setback: 87mm
- Seat tube length (c-t): 570mm
- Seat tube length (c-c): 515mm
- Tip of saddle nose to center of bars (next to stem): 576mm
- Head tube length: 160mm
- Top tube length (effective): 560mm