Bianchi has announced a global, voluntary recall of some of its carbon forks following two failures. This applies to certain 2017 models and owners are being advised to stop riding the affected bikes immediately.
- Merida recalls Scultura forks on 2017 bikes
- Bianchi and Ferrari announce partnership
- Bianchi gets aero with the Aria
Bianchi will naturally be offering free replacements, so owners should get in touch with their dealers. According to a post on the Bianchi UK Facebook page, the new forks will arrive around the end of August at the earliest.
Bianchi UK's Andrew Griffin has confirmed that although two forks are known to have failed in a manner deemed unacceptable, both had suffered impacts and there have been no spontaneous failures (i.e. 'just-riding-along').
Bianchi's official statement with full details is on its website here. The affected models are as follows:
- Infinito CV / Infinito CV Dama Bianca, colour codes: 1H, BZ, 7Z, BW
- Intenso / Intenso Dama Bianca (non-disc version), colour codes: 1J, 2E, BB, RB, PL