Do you have a little rider who can't get enough cyclocross fun? Islabikes, maker of lightweight, high-performance bikes for kids, has introduced three sizes of cyclocross tyres named Gréim (say: ga-rhyme). The name means ‘grip’ in Scottish Gaelic.
- Guide to kids' bike wheel sizes
- How Cleary Bikes makes kids' bike fun
- Islabikes Cnoc 16 kids' bike review
The idea behind the Gréim tyres was to provide quality tyres for smaller riders. Both versions feature a tight center tread to reduce rolling resistance on hard pack with more aggressive side knobs for mud shedding and excellent grip in the corners.
First up is the Gréim Pro tyre with a retail of £34.99.
- 24 x 1.18 (30-507) — 260g
- 26 x 1.22 (31-559) — 300g
- 700 x 32c (32-622) — 340g
- 185 TPI
- Folding Kevlar Bead with Skinwall Technology
The less expensive Gréim tyre retails at £19.99.
- 24 x 1.18 (30-507) — 360g
- 26 x 1.22 (31-559) — 390g
- 700 x 32c (32-622) — 440g
- 72 TPI
- Wire bead
- Kevlar belt