Richie Porte is one strong cog in the Team Sky's 2015 Tour de France machine, and he started this year's race aboard a custom-painted Pinarello Bolide in recognition of his Australian national time trial championship win.
Standing 172cm (5ft 8in), Porte rides a bike with extreme numbers. For instance, the cranks are a a short 167.5mm on his 45cm frame, but the chainrings are a hearty 56/44t combination. His Stages power meter can probably report some impressive numbers, too, but Team Sky isn't sharing those.
We weighed his bike at 8.39kg (18.5lb) — that does not count the rather sizable GPS transponder that riders are required to mount on their bikes this year.
The 2015 Tour started with a 13.8km time trial in Utrecht, Holland, where Porte came 65th ahead of three weeks serving as Chris Froome's super domestique.
Click through the gallery above for a closer look.
Complete bike specifications
- Frame: Pinarello Bolide, custom paint, 45cm
- Fork: Pinarello Bolide
- Stem: Pinarello Bolide integrated
- Handlebar: Pinarello Bolide integrated
- Brakes: Pinarello Bolide integrated
- Brake levers: Pinarello Bolide integrated
- Shift buttons: Shimano Dura-Ace Di2 and Pinarello Bolide integrated
- Front derailleur: Shimano Dura-Ace Di2
- Rear derailleur: Shimano Dura-Ace Di2
- Cassette: Shimano Dura-Ace 9000, 11-28T
- Chain: Shimano Dura-Ace 9000
- Crankset: Shimano Dura-Ace 9000, 56/44T, 167.5mm
- Power meter: Stages Cycling
- Pedals: Shimano Dura-Ace 9000
- Front wheel: PRO 35 3-spoke
- Rear wheel: PRO disc
- Tubulars: Continental Competition Pro LTD, 22mm
- Saddle: Fizik Arione
- Other: K-Edge TT Garmin mount
- Rider's height: 172cm (5ft 8in)
- Rider's weight: 62kg (137lb)
- Saddle height from BB, c-t: 70cm
- Tip of saddle to centre of pads: 52.5cm
- Pad width (c to c): 17cm
- Saddle-to-pads drop: 10cm