Bianchi today unveiled its new World Tour team Vacansoleil-DCM's Oltre XR model for the 2013 season.
The Oltre XR is Bianchi's monocoque carbon frame designed for racing and developed with Vacansoleil-DCM. Thanks to the combination of UMS40 and CN60 Ultra High Modulus carbon fibers, the Oltre XR weighs 30g less than last year's model while still increasing rigidity a claimed 20 percent.
Team bike or not, if it's a Bianchi, then celeste has got to figure into the mix
A 55cm frame weighs a claimed 895g.
The bike features internal cable routing, the look of an integrated seatmast with the functionality of a seatpost, and ultrathin seat stays for comfort.
Aesthetically, the bike blends Bianchi's trademark celeste with Vacansoleil's blue and yellow.
Team Vacansoleil-DCM will race the bike with 2013 Campagnolo Super Record EPS groups built with FSA K-Force cranks and SL-K brakes.
Bianchi's 2013 Vacansoleil-DCM team bike
Here are the complete specs of the 2013 Vacansoleil-DCM Oltre XR team bike:
- Frame: Bianchi HoC “Oltre XR” Carbon
- Fork: Bianchi Oltre HoC Full Carbon 1.5">1.1/8"
- Seatpost: Bianchi Oltre Full Carbon Aero
- Crankset: FSA K-Force Light BB386 EVO Carbon 53/39
- Bottom bracket: FSA BB30
- Brakes: FSA SL-K
- Headset: FSA Orbit 1 1/8" - 1.5"
- Stem: FSA Plasma Compact Integrated
- Handlebar: FSA Plasma Compact Integrated
- Saddle: Selle San Marco Regale
- Grips: Lizard Skins Celeste Bianchi color
- Wheels: Fast Forward F6r carbon
- Tires: Vredestein Fortezza Pro TriComp
- Shifters: Campagnolo Super Record EPS 11sp
- Rear derailleur: Campagnolo Super Record EPS 11sp
- Front derailleur: Campagnolo Super Record EPS 11sp
- Cassette: Campagnolo Super Record 11sp
- Chain: KMC XL 11sp
- Bottles: Elite Corsa Team
- Cages: Elite Sior Mio carbon
- Pedals: Look Keo Blade
- Power meter: Cycleops PowerTap system