Primož Roglič has placed in the top five on general classification in four of the five stage races he has raced so far this year, winning both the Volta ao Algarve and three separate stages on the way. The Slovenian is a former Junior World Champion ski jumper who has only been cycling full-time since the 2013 season.
- Gallery: Vincenzo Nibali's custom gold leaf Merida Scultura
- Gallery: Thomas De Gendt’s Ridley Dean Fast
In his short stint as a professional cyclist, Roglič’s career trajectory has been outstanding; missing out on a stint in the maglia rosa by one hundredth of a second during the 2016 Giro d’Italia opening stage and later taking stage 9 of the race, followed by him winning the Slovenian national time-trial championship and finishing with a top-ten at the Olympics time-trial in the same year.
As Roglič prepares for his debut Tour de France later this year, we take a look at the Slovenian's Bianchi Oltre XR4 that was raced during last month’s Tour de Romandie. Bianchi’s aero offering is in the iconic celeste colour, which has become synonymous with so many legendary cyclists over the years.
The Oltre XR4 is equipped with a full Shimano Dura-Ace 9150 groupset and the 24mm version of the Dura-Ace 9100 series wheels. Roglič also opts for sprint shifters on the handlebar drops, while the XR4 caters for the direct mount version of the Dura-Ace 9100 brakes.
Roglič’s Selle San Marco saddle, handlebar tape and bar ends are all colour coordinated to the frameset, and the Italian theme continues with 25mm Vittoria gumwall tubular tyres.
Roglič’s 170mm cranks are paired with a Pioneer power meter and he runs a standard gear combination of 53/39 chainrings and an 11-28 cassette.
Complete bike specifications
- Brake/gear levers: Shimano Dura-Ace 9150
- Front derailleur: Shimano Dura-Ace 9150
- Rear derailleur: Shimano Dura-Ace 9150
- Cassette: Shimano Dura-Ace, 11-28T
- Crankset: Shimano Dura-Ace 9150 with Pioneer power meter, 53/39T chainrings, 170mm crank length
- Wheelset: Shimano Dura-Ace 9100, 24mm rim depth
- Tyres: Vittoria tubular, 25mm
- Handlebars: FSA Extra Light, 400mm
- Stem: FSA OS-99, 115mm
- Pedals: Shimano Dura-Ace 9000
- Saddle: Selle San Marco
- Rider height: 1.77m / 5ft 10in
- Rider weight: 65kg / 143lb
- Saddle height, from bottom bracket (c-t): 735mm
- Tip of saddle nose to centre of bars (at stem): 545mm
Click or swipe through the gallery above to take a closer look at Primož Roglič’s bike.