Adam Yates (Mitchelton-Scott) returns to the Tour de France in 2018 looking to better his fourth-place finish from 2016, which also saw the British rider win the white jersey for the best young rider at the race.
- Tour de France bikes: Dan Martin's Colnago V2-R gallery
- Tour de France bikes: Greg Van Avermaet's custom-painted BMC Teammachine gallery
Riding a Scott Addict RC for this year's race, Yates' frame weighs just 790g (according to Scott) and alongside carbon wheels and finishing kit, will be close to, if not on the 6.8kg UCI weight limit.
For the 2018 race, Mitchelton-Scott has switched from its usual black and fluoro-yellow framesets to predominantly silver designs, which retain some areas of the black and fluoro-yellow team colours.
Several Mitchelton-Scott riders have been racing on disc brake-equipped bikes during races in recent weeks as they prepared for the Tour. However, it is understood that due to Yates racing on rim brakes, each of the Mitchelton-Scott team will also use rim brakes to ensure a spare wheel will always be available should it be needed.
Yates' cockpit consists of traditional-looking, narrow-diameter handlebars combined with a 130mm stem. Meanwhile, a forward-facing Di2 climbing switch sits on the bars to the right of the stem to allow Yates to change gear when climbing and his hands are on the top of the bars.
For the opening flatter stages of the Tour de France, Yates' bike was equipped with 54/42 chainrings and a standard 11-28 cassette with the rider sticking to his preferred C24 variants of Shimano's Dura-Ace R9100 wheels.
Ahead of the Tour de France, Mitchelton-Scott and Pirelli announced a new partnership to provide tyres for the Australian team and Pirelli P-Zero Velo tyres have been used for all but the cobbled stage nine of the race.
Click or swipe through the gallery above for a closer look at Adam Yates' Scott Addict RC.
Scott Addict RC specification
- Frameset: Scott Addict RC Pro HMX Carbon
- Front brake: Shimano Dura-Ace R9100
- Rear brake: Shimano Dura-Ace R9100
- Brake/shift levers: Shimano Dura-Ace R9150
- Front derailleur: Shimano Dura-Ace R9150
- Rear derailleur: Shimano Dura-Ace R9150
- Cassette: Shimano Dura-Ace R9100, 11-28
- Chain: Shimano Dura-Ace R9100
- Crankset: Shimano Dura-Ace R9100, 54/42 chainrings, 170mm cranks
- Wheelset: Shimano Dura-Ace R9100, C24
- Tyres: Pirelli P-Zero Velo
- Handlebars: Syncros Creston SL Compact, 400mm
- Stem: Syncros RR2.0, 130mm
- Tape/grips: Syncros
- Pedals: Shimano Dura-Ace R9100
- Saddle: Syncros RP1.0
- Bottle cages: Elite Leggero
- Computer: Garmin Edge 520
Scott Addict RC critical measurements
- Rider height: 1.73m
- Saddle height from bottom bracket (centre to top): 680mm
- Saddle nose to centre of handlebars (at stem): 525mm